Chocolate Bayou Comes Through For Me 8/8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bayou Comes Through For Me 8/8

I bought a 1998 14' jon boat with a 1965 9.5hp Evinrude in '07 that my wife despises. She claims that I told her I would sell it after acquiring our bay boat. My selective memory does not recall that conversation. It took me almost three years to get her in it to go fishing.

Yesterday, she and I hit Chocolate from the FM2004 boat ramp and ventured north. She is a die hard shrimp soaker. I convinced her to try GULP shrimp instead of running all over the place to find live shrimp. We hadn't even made it to the first inlet on the left and she hooked something BIG!!!!!! Her rod tip was quickly heading over and under the bow of the boat. She tucked the rod handle in tight while the fish was pulling major drag. I couldn't get the boat swung around fast enough to work with the hooked fish and then it happened, THE LINE BROKE. A few minutes later, a good sized gar rolled right in the middle of the channel. My wife heard a guy on a kayak mention to another that the gar looked to be about 6'. We wondered if that was the fish she had hooked.

We continued on and she brought in a speck and red. We called it a day around 11:00am and headed in. We sat in the truck at the ramp while enjoying a couple of Bud Lights and I asked her what she thought of jon boat fishing. She said she had a great time and that we need to get a new motor for it.

OOOOOOHHHHH YYYEEEEEAAAHHHH!!!!!

I am keeping the jon boat!!!!

THANKS CHOCOLATE BAYOU!!!!!

bouy
    Last edited by buoy37; August 9, 2010, 01:22 PM.

Cool!!
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice! Love the jon boat.
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

WTG on asking her after a couple of cold Bud's.....too bad for the But sounds like a nice catch anyway. Congrats on getting to keep the Jon boat, sounds like she had a blast

Comment

I'll be putting my 15' jon boat up or sell next week. It has a 25 HP mariner front console and is decked with carpet rod and drink holders!! trailer included. Its been a good boat but cant keep two boats on the payroll!! Pm me if you are interested and i'll send you pics! $1500 takes it all.
          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Nice job,congrats
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thats some good Bayou Carma !!!
              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Sounds like fun...
                  10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

got to love the bayou.....

Comment

thanks for the report on the north side of the bridge! glad to see they are still there.
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

it runs good and i have caught plenty of fish out of it!!!
                        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

There IS a GOD !!
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                          X