Surf 8/7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf 8/7

Hit the surf about 5:45 am with H20Noob and 2 other buddies (Kyle and Denny) and the wind was blowing SSW16 and the water was chopped up and dirty. The wind died down to about SSW8 as soon as the sun came up.

Rough day for specks but the sandies were out there on just about every cast. Top waters were struggling but spoons and tails seemed to be the favorite lately. I managed this 5# 24.5" on a Glo/Chart Sand Eel early in the first gut. After losing trout last week to the good ol' sand sharks and watching SHARK WEEK on Discovery Channel, I decided I'd like to have some food and took it straight to the ice chest hahaha We were out by 9:30.

It was just good being out there in the water and sucking it in before that damn sun started to torch everything.

Tight Lines - pc
    Attached Files
    "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Yeah it was fun Cowboy. Also nice meeting new fishing buddies. I have a report for Sunday too since I had to go it alone. Winds were lighter and the surf was much flatter than Saturday. Threw spoons and gulp swimming mullet. Only managed 1 small speck and a few sandies. Water was a little more clear than Saturday. Looked like nobody else was catching much either.

Comment

Very nice trout and good idea about taking her to the cooler!
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice catch...thanks for both reports. Im thinking about hitting tomorrow or Wednesday wanna get the kiddos to the beach

Comment

Very nice!!!!

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

good report and nice fish!!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

WTG Vinh......Glad to see you got out! Nice trout there too.
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

the surf fishing has been terrible since last friday,hopefully things will pick up this week.
                the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks for the report !! Excellent fish .
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Wayt to VP!!!!!!!!!! I was on kid patrol Saturday, and we didn't have any luck in the afternoon. The tide sucked waaaay out!
                    TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Catching a fish like that will make your day. Good job out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X