8-6-2010 christmas bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-6-2010 christmas bay

I went Friday with Hogie 70, Ron Johnson , and their friend Steven to Christmas Bay. Wind was less than 10 MPH from the SW and the water sandy, but greener near Ernie's 2 . They went deep and I went to the shore. Lot's of bait and slicks, but I couldn't get a hook up. I saw activity near the grass and caught a rat red on a corky fat boy working it on top. I caught some croaker and more rat reds before working out to where the others were.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Continued

Had some weather blow by that kicked up the wind for a while before settling back down. Water visibility wasn't good, so I mainly threw a silver spoon after using topwaters for a while. I had a nice blowup on top, but just a ticked off slam, not a feeding hit. The other guys used soft plastics effectively. The spoon netted several sand trout and croakers.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Continued

I should have gone deep with the others. They had 6 or 7 legal reds , a couple of trout and more sand trout when I finally got to them. It was pretty much over when I got out there , although we kept catching sand trout and croaker . I also landed a Spanish Mackeral before we left around 2 PM.
      Attached Files

Comment

END

Ron , Keith , and Steven cleaned the fish and boat. After leaving , I checked out the surf - off color- , the bay - same , Texas City Dike - same , and then fished a while some canals near Moses where I landed a keeper flounder on a GULP glow 4 inch shrimp before heading home around 6 PM. Nice group of guys and a fun time.
        Attached Files

Comment

Nice report and awesome pics as usual !! Thanks!!
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice report Doc!
            Fishwhisperer

Comment

My spot good work
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice post and excellent pics. Glade to see this board is still alive.

Comment

Nice report
                  looks like yall had a great time.

Comment

I didn't know Hogie fished in Christmas. Guess he learned that there aren't any fish in that bay.
                    "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

No fish are in X-mas LOL Those are staged picture... LMAO
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

nice pic's and report Henry.Go deep in the heat.
                        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Doc, you like to fish..... Thx for the report.

Comment

Ron Knows Christmas!!!
                            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Thanks for the report Henry, can't wait to get out there on Saturday!

Comment

Working...
                              X