Fly fishing Laguna Madre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fly fishing Laguna Madre

Just back from 3 days fly fishing Laguna Madre out of Port Mansfield. Caught an incredible lot of red fish. Go there if you ever get a chance. Great fishery, beautiful water, and many red fish to cast to.
    Attached Files

Nice pic Jim,sounds real nice down there.
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Nice

Comment

Congrads, nice fish, glad you had a great trip.

Comment

nice report
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Very nice down there.glad you had a good time
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good to hear, I have a friend who is headed that way tomorrow and the reports had been that the lower end of the Laguna was still dirty from the fresh water run off. Way to go Jim!
              http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                Good to hear, I have a friend who is headed that way tomorrow and the reports had been that the lower end of the Laguna was still dirty from the fresh water run off. Way to go Jim!
                The report about dirty run off water is correct. Add to that an abnormally high tide. I fished north and east of Port Mansfield and the further north you go the better the water gets. About 2/3 of the fish I caught was blind casting guts and pot holes with a gold spoon. Not ideal conditions but better than staying home.

Comment

Originally posted by shallowist View Post
                  The report about dirty run off water is correct. Add to that an abnormally high tide. I fished north and east of Port Mansfield and the further north you go the better the water gets. About 2/3 of the fish I caught was blind casting guts and pot holes with a gold spoon. Not ideal conditions but better than staying home.

Comment

fly fishing

nice red you got there jim. sounds like our water here all the time. 70% of the time blind casting in dirty water.

Comment

Nice report Jim
                      Popper in the morning Popper in the evening

Comment

Working...
                      X