61st ST Pier to open this Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 61st ST Pier to open this Saturday

News from the owner has the pier opening to the public this Saturday!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Cool I bet there are a lot of pier fishermen ready to get one back open.
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

That is good news, now they need to start working on the 83rd street pier. Says on the sign it will open back up in 2010, but I don't see that happening!
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I saw a geotechnical rig taking cores at the 89th St. pier about 3 months ago. There must be plans afoot. Though I'd figure they are having a heck of a time getting plan approval from City of Galveston, GLO and USCoE.
        Last edited by Oleander Kayaker; August 12, 2010, 05:16 PM. Reason: Technical closest street is 89th
        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
          News from the owner has the pier opening to the public this Saturday!
          Thats interesting, I spoke with the folks at Smittys one person said they would reopen by the end of year, another said next year. Thanks for the info...I've made many memories at 91st or 83rd ?? Piers aka Gulfcoast Pier...wonder if they are ever gonna re-open??? Thanks again Coe

Comment

I grew up fishing those piers and sure hope they open up and do well again. I know that new 61st looks AWESOME!!!!!!!! Im going to go pay for a few days, just to support them. Might have to just take a rod and a few KFM's and play around one night
            Capt. Thomas Barlow
            281-827-6815
            www.notoriousguideservice.com

Comment

Ok I'm seeing 83rd,89th and I'm calling it 91st pier...........If I recall correctlty when I was younger it was called The Gulf Coast Pier some called it T-Head Pier. Are we all talking about the same pier and if so what is the actual locale and name ?

Comment

We're all talking about the same pier. The map shows the Gulf Coast pier at 89th. I was surprised to see that the pick-up truck was finally removed a few months ago. The T-head is the one at the end of the hotel Pleasure Pier.
                I stand corrected
                Last edited by Oleander Kayaker; August 12, 2010, 05:42 PM. Reason: Correction.
                At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Oleander Kayaker View Post
                  We're all talking about the same pier. The map shows the Gulf Coast pier at 89th. I was surprised to see that the pick-up truck was finally removed a few months ago. The T-head is the one at the end of the hotel Pleasure Pier.
                  I stand corrected
                  No matter what street name people called it, I always knew it as Gulf Coast Pier. Thanks for the info...now I can say 89th and be correct. Thanks!
                  So do you know if they will ever re-open ? Caight my biggest trout ever there...30" Trophy. Ok I'm stretching it some....it was 29 3/4" on a Corky and my kids caught there first ever there.....one was a 25" Red

Comment

Working...
                  X