X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teal Season

Less than a month away!

September 11- 26 daily bag limit of 4.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Its going to be hot!!!!! But fun!!!!
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Teal Season

How crowded does it get down here for teal season? I didn't duck hunt a day last year. Being new to the area I didn't know where to go. I would like to find a group of guys to hunt with. I have 6-7 dozen decoys, mojo, jerk spreaders, 16 ft boat with blind. I can also call pretty good.

Comment

Less than a month can't wait !!!
        Free advice for cold beer !

Comment

Is there much duck hunting around the Chocolate Bayou area? What is the rules with building blinds?

Comment

Originally posted by btoptrip View Post
            How crowded does it get down here for teal season? I didn't duck hunt a day last year. Being new to the area I didn't know where to go. I would like to find a group of guys to hunt with. I have 6-7 dozen decoys, mojo, jerk spreaders, 16 ft boat with blind. I can also call pretty good.
            Come to one of our club meetings and talk to James or I we hunt the coast a lot I'm still scouting every weekend which I'd suggest to you as well.

Comment

Is there much duck hunting around the Chocolate Bayou area? What is the rules with building blinds?
              Yes there can be the only issue is:

Is your shot landing on private property? If it is that's illegal. Do you step out of your boat to get the bird, does your dog? Does the dog or you touch the private property of the bank? Are you in a navigable waterway? There's a lot of factors that come into hunting the coast and if your not VERY sure of your surroundings and the law then you can find yourself in trouble quick.

Comment

Not really .... the whole west side of the bay is Part of the Brazoria national wildllife refuge ..... a big no no, to even get out of the boat and on land there, and fines really go up with gun in your hand. Also a big no no to shot over the land as well.

On the east side, it's all private ...... some of it's leased for a hunting club, ....................................
                so unless your on the islands on the other side (south) of the ICW, which is still part of the refuge but you are allowed to hunt it, you can not really hunt chocolate ......
                FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

i would be game for this almost any day of the week. im sure milkjug would be down as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                    Come to one of our club meetings and talk to James or I we hunt the coast a lot I'm still scouting every weekend which I'd suggest to you as well.
                    I've been trying to scout some myself.. What do you mainly look for though since there really aren't ducks around to look for?

Comment

I just saw my first flock of teal today!

Comment

seen some in wharton
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Seen a bunch at Smith point sat. mourning

Comment

What choke should I use for Teal? Improved or modified?

Comment

What is the last day to hunt teal?

Comment

Working...
                              X