8-14 Diversionary / Redfish Magic!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-14 Diversionary / Redfish Magic!!

Anybody tells you redfish magic spinnerbaits don't work they're lying!! I left the dock this morning at about 6:30 and stayed in the Diversionary Canal the whole time I was out. The water was 82.5 and green. I started out chasing reds along the grass and had a fish in the boat on about the 3rd cast. I was throwing a pearl R.M. Spinnerbait and I only picked up the other rod that I rigged with a gulp jerk shad once. I caught 10 or so rat reds -- one keeper at 21" and one at 27". Put the 27 back to fight another day. Got to the spot where I can normally manage a few trout and caught a schoolie from 12 - 14 inches on just about every cast for about 20 minutes. Started trolling back towards the house and picked up a 16" flounder followed by a 17" trout. I lost a really nice flounder at the boat ~20" fiddling around trying to get the net under it. All fish except one speck caught on the spinnerbait. Called it a day at about 9:15 and took off for the house. Awesome day and I left before it got hot! Ran past about a 6 or 8 foot gator on the way to the dock.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Ibtsoom; August 14, 2010, 01:05 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Shut up and FISH!!

Few more pics..
    Attached Files
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice slam Mike!
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Nice!!

Comment

Nice slam Mike!
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Great pics and report......Love those spinnerbaits!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Way to go, Mike. Thanks for the report and congrats on the slam. Spinnerbaits, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by SCHU View Post
                Way to go, Mike. Thanks for the report and congrats on the slam. Spinnerbaits, eh?
                Did lots of bass fishing growing up and really liked throwing spinnerbaits. Started throwing them in the salt 4 or 5 years back and have had really good luck. Kind of mixes up a spoon and a soft plastic. Drives redfish crazy! You can even slow roll em near the bottom and tear up the flounder on em!
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

nice slam

Comment

Good job on the slam...
                    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Excellent job! Thanks for sharing the technique. It's always nice to try different approaches at different times of the year.
                      If we don't leave any, there won't be any.

Comment

Very nice on the slam. Where on the Div do you find 'em? I've had the best luck on some of the marsh drains on the west side about 1/2 way down from the Hitchcock ramp to the north shore. Have also done well back into the lake where the 3 channels come together.
                        Again, very nice!

Comment

I was trolling along the grass on the bay side of the Harborwalk bridge -- both sides of the canal.
                          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

There was a ton of bait there Friday, tide was up about a foot. We just didn't stop there, went to greenes area and caranc reef, managed a couple doz trout, but all small.

Comment

Thanks for the report and congratulations on the Texas Slam !!
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                              X