Yamaha Oil Alarm Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Oil Alarm Not Working

I was cleaning up my skiff and thought it was probably time to add 2-stroke oil. The tank had maybe half a cup and the alarm never went off. I guess I need to call the dealer and talk to my mechanic.
    If I hadn't checked it would have burned up.
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Oil

Kenny do you have a reservoir under your cowling. On mine (200hp) I don't get an alarm until the reservoir under the cowling gets below the top line. I alway thought I had one on the bulk tank but maybe I don't. The one on the engine works, don't ask me how I know.

Comment

On my 90 it's just the reservoir under the cowling. It was way below the line though. I have no idea why it didn't work.
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Save money and keep it full. We can't always depend on alarms. Check to make sure the wires are connected and go from there.
        Beandaddy

Comment

Originally posted by Beandaddy View Post
          Save money and keep it full. We can't always depend on alarms. Check to make sure the wires are connected and go from there.
          Beandaddy
          It's just 17 months old and for what I paid the alarm damn sure better work!
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I didn't know it was new. I guess I would let them fix it under warranty then. The bad thing about the alarms is that they go off when there is nothing wrong and don't go off when You are about to toast one.
            Beandaddy

Comment

oil alarm

Lots of alarm on engine tank are glued to tank and the glue will come off with pounding it takes in water. Most time dealers will take care of it if. Have dealer check it out. Just remember when you put in gas put in oil. 50 gals of gas is 1 gal of oil.

Comment

"Just remember when you put in gas put in oil. 50 gals of gas is 1 gal of oil."

Good idea Capt. Mike, I'll get in that habit. I need a new impeller/water pump so when i take it in I'll have 'em check it.
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                X