Chocolate 8/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate 8/14

My wife and I hit the bayou from the FM2004 around 8:30am. I tried to venture south and fish from the first couple of islands back towards the bridge. Too much wind and current for my jon boat. I needed my drift sock, but forgot to pack it.

We headed into the bayou to fish the wind protected shorelines. We found a lot of nervous bait and could see fish zipping through the bait balls. Right from the get-go, my wife landed a high flying trout on a GULP shrimp. I managed my first croaker on a lure. It was down hill after that.

Our 45 year old Evinrude tiller crapped out. We used the trolling motor to get us about 85% of the way back before the battery ran out of juice. I had an emergency extending paddle in the boat. We shared paddling duties the rest of the way.

My wife was a great sport about the whole thing, until she looked up after pulling the boat out of the water and seeing a huge pair of barges passing through the area we were paddling. She swears never to fish in the jon boat again unless there is a new motor on the back.

Anyone of you FWE members know someone who can make me a really good deal on a new 15hp tiller?

bouy
    Attached Files
    Last edited by buoy37; August 14, 2010, 10:26 PM.

Sorry about the motor -- at least you caught a few fish!! I'll keep my eye out for ya on a new motor.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

TO bad about the motor. Hope you can find a new one cheap.

Comment

Good Excuse

Your wife may be telling you to get a new boat. Lucky man!
        Fishwhisperer

Comment

Sorry about the paddling but it looks like You will get a new motor or boat.
          Beandaddy

Comment

It sucks now but you and your honeybunch will be having a hell of a laugh one day!!! I'll text a buddy of mine in Bayou vista about a motor...gbty

Comment

my motor is on the bottom near bubble barrier it could hsve been worse
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
              X