Building my first deer blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building my first deer blind

I got on a deer lease this year and I will be building my first ground stand. I want to do a 4x6. My two younger kids will probably be hunting with me so I want to make it comfortable for them. I was hoping to get pointers and maybe learn from some of ya'lls experiences. I want to keep cost down so I'm thinking about using 2x2's for frame.

2x2's are a good way to go. Whatever wood you can find just piece on together. Just make sure you seal it off.

Comment

I built my own a few years ago that was a 4X6. I used 2X4's and it was a little much. If I had to do it over again I would have used 2X2's. I would use the 2X4's on the bottom to keep it from sagging when you get 2 or 3 people in it. It was fun building it and I thought I would save alot of money but i got carried away and put windows and 12ft legs under it. In the end it cost me more than I wanted to pay but it was a great view from up there and warm when the north wind was blowing.

Comment

Ok got the deer stand done!

Got it finished and have less than $100 in it. I used all scrap wood and found 5 gallons of paint for $15 (home depot throw back). I went a little overboard on the paint but I was having fun. The kids love it, they want to sleep in the deer stand, forget the trailer.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	100909_085250.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	552466

Name:	100909_085371.jpg
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	552467

Name:	100909_085327.jpg
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	552468

Name:	100909_085957.jpg
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	552469

Name:	100909_085146.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	552470

Comment

Looks really good!!!!

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Looks real good. I use old carpet to line the inside so I can be more comfortable and I don't make as much noise.

Comment

ya you went ape **** and it looks awesome especially for a first one. Mad skills there buddy!!!

Comment

Good Stand!
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

nice job
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

great job! Just add some scrap carpet and a battery dome-light and a beerholder!! (Beerholder is MOST important!!)
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                      great job! Just add some scrap carpet and a battery dome-light and a beerholder!! (Beerholder is MOST important!!)
                      and come set it up on my place be good to go

Comment

Awesome looking blind. Great Job

Comment

Thanks for all the comments! I got it set up with the feeder last weekend, cant wait to try it out.

Comment

Working...
                          X