Ground Leveling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Leveling

Hey guys/gals just wondering if anyone might have some helpful info. or contacts on yard leveling. I don't have the first clue besides just laying out sand, I'm sure there is actually a right way and wrong way of doing this type of work.
    Its something I would rather pay someone to do, if its not too expensive. Just wanna get some thoughts,ideas etc......

How big is your yard? ...and do you have existing drainage issues? I may be able to fix you up.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I'm on a corner lot so I'm gonna guesstimate about 300 plus sq ft. There tends to be standing water on both sides especially betweens neighbors home and mine. Some bad spots in back yard from my dog digging. I'try to post some pics to give a visual.

Comment

I won't be able to do the actual grading, but I have a good eye for it. I R engineer.

PM me an address and I can eyeball it early this week. I have an errand to run and can drop by to look and sketch up a strategy and material estimate for whoever will run over it with a box blade (if needed).

Pictures won't convey the lay of the land very well.

If mutually convenient, I can meet 007 (or whoever) out there to look and kick around some clods.
        Last edited by Oleander Kayaker; August 15, 2010, 08:49 PM.
        At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Yep your right the pics dont do justice...I tried to PM 007 some pics. I wont be available till Friday late afternoon, gbty on pm.

Comment

Just add enough dirt or sand so you are higher than your neighbor then it becomes their problem! JK I had two neighbors that did that to me in the past it sucked I had to eventually get up to their level to resolve it!! Good luck 007 will get you hooked up
            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Most sub divisions have rule about drainage and water is suppose to go the the street no on neighbor. Check reg's before spending time and money.
              Most divisions water carried at fences to street.

Comment

Originally posted by captmike View Post
                Most sub divisions have rule about drainage and water is suppose to go the the street no on neighbor. Check reg's before spending time and money.
                Most divisions water carried at fences to street.
                Thats makes alot of sense, thanks for the headsup.

Comment

Working...
                X