Gigging Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigging Help

I've been wanting to get in to gigging but dont really know exactly what I'm doing. I was going to just use a coleman lantern but Ive read the pvc lights at academy are better so I'm going to look at those this week. I've got some spots I think might be good but the part I need help with is: what conditions do I look for? Do I want an incoming, outgoing, or try to go when the tide is slack? I'm guessing little wind as possible? How late do you want to get out there; in the summer it would seem like they would show up on the flat later, once it has time to cool off. Anything else that might help me I would appreciate! Thanks in advance!

Train i have always used a lantern but I also want a light pole.
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Sounds like you've done you're homework.
      The thing about gigging is so many varables need to be right to make for a perfect trip in our muddy Galveston waters.
      People think just because you go out at night for flounder you must be raping the recource every night but thats not always so. Now that the limit is down to five fish, we can all feel like hereos every trip. Don't read to much into it and just go. Any night that the winds are laying low is when I like to go WHACK 'EM...LOL
      Good luck and post up how you did.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
      Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

I go whenever I get the chance and the winds are light. I have the academy set-ups and they work good. Let us know how you do.

Comment

Working...
        X