Freeport Jetties?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeport Jetties?

My wife and I took a trip to Quintana Beach this afternoon. We walked the south jetty begining to end. I have never fished from a jetty before. Do any of you FWEnders recommend the Freeport jetties? I have lights and generator to try a night run if need be.
    Attached Files

The Freeport jetties can be productive.
    Most of the time the prevailing wind has folks fishing off of the Surfside(east) jetty vs. the Quintana(west) jetty.
    Its a day by day thing. Check the winds and water conditions.
    During this time of the year you'll see a lot of folks with light rigs fishing on the Surfside jetty on the beach side. Usual routine is action from 2am towards dawn.
    Keep off the bottom. Anything touches the bottom gets snagged.
    Bait or arty's will do the trick.
    Gets crowded on the weekend nights.

Good luck and post up a report.
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Dang hadn't fished there since 97' last time I went there was 99' just to check it out. Looks different without the rail, man thats one place we need to take my rig with your lites to. Or maybe go super early, I'll bet the morning bite is good there.

Comment

I've never fished the Freeport rocks by foot, but have done it by boat many times... It always amazes me that people on the rocks cast out into the deep water, and people on the boats cast towards the rocks... I hope this helps... fish close to the rocks...and hold on tight....

Good Luck....
        "Buy a Fish, Feed Yourself... Buy a Fishing License, Feed a Whole Community..."
        "The Fish You Catch, Tastes Better, than the One You Bought..."

Comment

Originally posted by Fisher_Of_Men View Post
          I've never fished the Freeport rocks by foot, but have done it by boat many times... It always amazes me that people on the rocks cast out into the deep water, and people on the boats cast towards the rocks... I hope this helps... fish close to the rocks...and hold on tight....

Good Luck....
          Go figure. I've had the same thought.

Comment

look for a nice calm night when the waters anit coco brown and take the generator/lights 3/4 of the way out there. we use to do it alot a couple years ago and would tear them up.

Comment

Bait in Freeport?

Thanks for all your advice and suggestions. There is a possible trip in the works for Saturday night. Nothing is final yet (I have to see what the wife says.).

What is the best place in the Freeport area to pick up live bait?

bouy

Comment

There are several bait stands along Hwy 332 near Surfside.

Saltgrass Bait&Tackle - usually open 24/7

Pier 30- open 5am but I don't know when they close. I think around 10pm.

Bridge Bait& Tackle (they are UNDER the ICW bridge on the mainland side.
                Don't know the hours. Call them.
                West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Thanks for your help Moonpie.

Comment

Another Question

Does the Surfside jetty have a walkway in the center like the Quintana jetty?

bouy

Comment

Yes Sir
                      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Phone Numbers

Originally posted by Moonpie View Post
                        There are several bait stands along Hwy 332 near Surfside.

Saltgrass Bait&Tackle - usually open 24/7

Pier 30- open 5am but I don't know when they close. I think around 10pm.

Bridge Bait& Tackle (they are UNDER the ICW bridge on the mainland side.
                        Don't know the hours. Call them.
                        Saltgrass Bait&Tackle - usually open 24/7 1-979-239-3650

Pier 30- open 5am but I don't know when they close. I think around 10pm. 1-979-233-4250

Bridge Bait& Tackle (they are UNDER the ICW bridge on the mainland side. 1-979-239-2248

Comment

Working...
                        X