Not quite redfish monday :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not quite redfish monday :(

Well, I went back for what I had hoped would be a repeat of last Monday's incredible day. It didn't happen. I invited Marcos Enriquez, fishing manager from Orvis Houston and Doug Pike to come along on the hunt for reds. We fished a stretch of water that was covered with fish last week with no luck. The wind, hazy clouds and dirty water made it virtually impossible to find the fish. I ended up having to run much farther and look in more places before we finally found a few reds to cast at.

Marcos managed to land one on fly out of a pod of tailers, along with on on a spoon. Doug was able to convince one to eat a spittin' image topwater. We only found 3 pods of tailing fish all morning. We had numerous fish that blew out from very near the boat. I think that Marcos had 3 other fish on that came unpinned for various reasons.

It was a good time, and I supose that the upside is that I didn't have a heat stroke today with the constant cloud cover. Someone please bring this SouthWest wind to a stop so I can get back on my fish.

The two pics are Marcos, I have to check wtih Doug to see if any of his pics came out. He brought a camera with a monster zoom lense and was snapping away as we eased up on one of the pods.
    Attached Files
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Nice report. It's hard to beat reds on a fly.
    Honk if you love Jesus.
    Text while driving if you want to meet him.

Comment

Well the bottom line is you found fish! That place can be magic or the most frustrating flat in the world. I think a lot of it has to do with people running their boats over the fish all weekend as well as the dirty water. We need to get out on the water soon!

Comment

Going to be working the rest of the week, but probably pull a few afternoons. If things look good I will be in touch.

Comment

Thanks for the report Capt Steve.....Looks like a good time.
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

very nice Captain Steve!!
            Captain Glenn Stevens
            Coastal Guide Service
            www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

great report Steve.on the water with good company and fisherman,that's a good way to celebrate a birthday.i've enjoyed the pictures of the shallow water and tailing reds.great job,keep it up.
              TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Doug just sent me 3 pics of the tailing fish that he shot yesterday. Wow! much better than my point and shoot pics!
                Attached Files

Comment

reds

Sweet ! Happy belated b-day Steve.

Comment

Working...
                  X