San Luis Pass County Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Luis Pass County Park

Anybody launch kayaks at the County Park?

If so, do you use the boat ramp or beach area along the pass?

How is it paddling across Cold Pass to Titlum Tatlum or even down Cold Pass to Churchill?

This will be done on a weekday.

Thanks

You can launch out of either.

If you're headed over to Churchill, launch at the ramp at Sidler's(aka Ernie's) or in the cove just west of the Brite Lite store. Its shorter.
    If you're heading to Tit-lum launch at the park. The ramp cove will be a shorter and easier paddle.

The current can get pretty strong on the corner by the big wall and paddling against it will be a real chore.

Hope this helps.
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

It does, thank you.

Comment

Stay out of the pass not a place for small craft or waders. Just my two cents live to fish another day
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
          Stay out of the pass not a place for small craft or waders. Just my two cents live to fish another day
          Are you talking about Cold Pass or San Luis Pass?

I have no intention of paddling around in San Luis Pass.

Comment

Originally posted by mefishnow View Post
            Are you talking about Cold Pass or San Luis Pass?

I have no intention of paddling around in San Luis Pass.
            San Luis!!
            Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Don't launch at the beach and try to paddle to Cold Pass. Like MOONPIE said , the intersection of SLP and Cold Pass can be dangerous...found that out the hard way. If you have a strong current add in some wind and backwash from the shore ...you have a washing machine effect with waves coming from everyside making it difficult to make headway and stay in the kayak. The pucker effect was way high when I did it. Always wear a PFD of some sort. Getting to Mud Island is no problem from the KOA launch.
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

ive launched there before. paddled my happy *** all through there to find no fish. 6 mile paddle total with the last 3 going against the wind and the current. really pissed me off.

Comment

Originally posted by jackh View Post
                    ive launched there before. paddled my happy *** all through there to the find no fish. 6 mile paddle total with the last 3 going against the wind and current. really pissed me off.

I order not to be pizzed off, you must become one with the area, grasshopper.

Comment

Originally posted by jackh View Post
                      ive launched there before. paddled my happy *** all through there to find no fish. 6 mile paddle total with the last 3 going against the wind and the current. really pissed me off.
                      Seems like that paddle back is ALWAYS against the wind and current .
                      Happy Fishin'
                      Chicken

Comment

Working...
                      X