West bay today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West bay today

I headed out today around noon for what i hoped was a few small fish for the dinner table.. Trout Dip and Redfish on the halfshell were on my mind.

I came out of highland bayou into jones lake and the water looked perfect for trout.. Not too clear, but clean clean clean.. I love winter waters.

I headed out into the main bay area and cut a drift back towards the ICW.... I had a few small hits, and then a GIANT THUDDDD.

That thud ended up being a 26" trout that was right at 7#s.... I was stoked, although when i saw her.. I thought she was BIGGER lol...released to fight another day

I continued on and had a few small hits and a few lost fish that just came off... I hit another tight spot with some water flow and gota another serious hit... I missed this fish, then threw right back into that spot and had another good fish on.... This one is the one in the picture below.. She was gill hooked and bleeding bad so she went into the livewell for dinner..

I was using my trolling motor, so i circled back out of the current and around again to do that same drift again... I threw back almost into the place where i caught the last fish and SMACK a hard hit and the fish is running on me.. My mind is thinking BIG TROUT, but it ended up being a nice 22" red... The red was kept for the grill tonight before work.

The very next cast I threw a few yards ahead of where I had just caught the red and SMACKKKKKK another solid fish.. This was a trout about 26.5 and a little under 7#s...

Around 1pm the bite just kinda dropped off so i headed towards confederate to fish the drops and see what might happen over there.. I cut several drifts inside the reef and nothing was biting but the oysters... So i headed back in and stopped and tried the earlier spot again for one quick drift.. I hit one trout about 18" and headed back to the house.

I got back in at 230, cleaned the boat and headed to the house to cook Kaylin a nice redfish dinner.. She was up, so ended up taking the pic for me.

All in all a great few hours fishing before work. A total of 7 fish caught. 2 trout and 1 red kept... All fish were caught in an area with alot of water flow , 3 to 4 ft deep on saltwater assasins in Troutranger special...

The water was BEAUTIFUL with a slight SW wind about 10.

Thomas
    Attached Files
    Capt. Thomas Barlow
    281-827-6815
    www.notoriousguideservice.com

Very nice couple hours on the water.Congrats
    NK
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good job Thomas. I think we saw you out there. We were in a 21' Carolina skiff with a tan t-top. Caught a 20" trout and a 18" flounder. We also had a HUGE big ugly hang right next to the boat but didn't want any thing we threw at him. We only fished for an hour and a half.
      I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Nice Thomas!! I'll be out there Saturday early morning if your on the water let me know...
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice fish. Hopefully I can find them like that in the next few days.

MM
          "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

Great trip there Texxan1-very exciting to hang 2 big susies like that-way to go!!
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

We're gonna go hit it again in about an hour and a half.....we'll try the same spot first.

Comment

Take a camera this time Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  Take a camera this time Mike!
                  I've got pics from yesterday, just waiting for Boom to forward them to me.

Comment

Nice speck!

Ya'll are lucky to get out on weekdays. I'm going to have to get up early for some before-work fishing after the wind blows through

Comment

Nice report and pic Thomas. I can't wait to get out there again myself.
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

I hope to be around west bay and greens Sat too. Green weldcraft 14ft

Comment

See you there! Look for me...
                          Attached Files

Comment

We'll be in the SLP area again. The jackplate is fully functional again so I can keep up with MM now. Shallow water here we come!!

Comment

I will be getting out sometime next week. Probably hit Greens/Karank
                              sigpic
                              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                              X