Redfish Monday and Tuesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redfish Monday and Tuesday

Had great fly fishing yesterday and today in the marsh. Caught 3 yesterday and kept 1. Caught 6 today and kept 3. As expected the tide had the water high and the reds were way back in the grass slurping marsh shrimp. Tide was still coming in at first light both days. Monday the fish turned off at about 9 and today the bite stopped at about 10. Caught all on shrimp flies and spoon flies. Very hot in the marsh. Bring plenty of cold water.
    Attached Files

Good fishing Jim! way to get out there!
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Very nice Jim.....Great Report!
      sigpic
      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report and catch.I see you got your fish alarm in the yak.
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Is it wrong of me to ask where you were fishing im new to kayak and saltwater fishing and Im trying to find some kayaking fishing buddies and some good spots and I mostly catch and release so I will leave you plenty of fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Eat Sleep Fish View Post
            Is it wrong of me to ask where you were fishing im new to kayak and saltwater fishing and Im trying to find some kayaking fishing buddies and some good spots and I mostly catch and release so I will leave you plenty of fish.
            This time of year I fish in any one of about 5 different west bay marshes. South and east of the end of Sportsmans road. Starvation cove and Settegast road. GISP. Between Shell island point and Maggies cove. Greens. I would not be doing you a favor by giving you some X spots or GPS locations because that would deprive you of the joy and wonderment of finding your very own magical spot. If you see me on the water come on over and we'll swap stories. You can't miss me, I'll be the old man in a kayak with a fly rod and a stringer full of redfish. Hope this helps.

Comment

Nice Job Jim! All the marshes you mentioned are great spots. Much easier to access that side of the bay from a kayak. Also, very easy to find wind protection there this time of the year. Should be some trout showing up around the edges of many of those flats this time of the year too.
              http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Great report Jim & good advice. The marshes heat up quick & like you said the fish turn off when the heat of the day starts to rise.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Nice report and catch,congrats
                  Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Great report and pics!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jim View Post
                      This time of year I fish in any one of about 5 different west bay marshes. South and east of the end of Sportsmans road. Starvation cove and Settegast road. GISP. Between Shell island point and Maggies cove. Greens. I would not be doing you a favor by giving you some X spots or GPS locations because that would deprive you of the joy and wonderment of finding your very own magical spot. If you see me on the water come on over and we'll swap stories. You can't miss me, I'll be the old man in a kayak with a fly rod and a stringer full of redfish. Hope this helps.
                      I realy appreciate all your help and advice, im more a bass fisherman but im trying to get into saltwater more since I have a kayak now but I dont know many places. I hit the flats in kemah today around 6 this morning and fished till 11 or so, had a lot of bites but nothing seemed to want to take it, I think it was hardheads that had picked it up ran and let go or just nipped it so hopefully I get on some fish sometime. By no means do I want exact locations from anyone, im in for the thrill and adventure just as you said and to find my own spots, Im just looking for help on areas to fish and where to go to find them because the saltwater world of fishing is relativeley new for me considering I have been bass fishing since I learned how to fish.
                      Thanks again and good fishing!

Comment

Working...
                      X