Explorer 19 TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explorer 19 TV

Could any of you tell me first hand the good, the bad, and the ugly about an Explorer 19 TV? Real draft, hole shot depth, ride in a chop, probable wot with a Suzuki 140, anything else?
    Thanks

I have a 21 TV with a Yamaha VMax 150 2 stroke, bought new in 05. I use a shallow blaster and a 4 blade prop. Down south once I ran the flats in less than a foot, when I stopped the hull sat on the bottom. When i got out we were just below calf deep, probably 8-10 inches with hard sand bottom. 4 of us got out of the boat and it floated up enough to walk it to deeper water and jumped up in about knee deep. I can punch it up in knee deep water but usualy idle into deeper water. In mud and soft sand I can get up in less. Bottom line...I feel comfortable running in 10-12 inches with a soft bottom but need about 18-20 inches to get up with passengers on the boat. These days I try not to turn up nice grassy bottoms though.

Handles chop great, won't punch through like a full heavy deap v but keeps everybody dry most days.

I have been very happy with the boat, great all round boat it does a little bit of everything. Low side are a concern when young kids and dogs are on the boat. The boat jumps up very fast so everybody needs to hang on. Lost a friends dog off the back the other day, he was recovered with no injury (I was watching the kids and forgot about the dog), sorry PETA.

I live here in Jamaica Beach behind the park, PM me if you want to take it for a ride.

Comment

I've been in/run a 23TV for over 10 years now and I echo jig heads comments almost 100%.

THe tunnel vee designs are a good compromise style that do many things well. No hull does all things well

Comment

I run the Explorer 21 HS (high side) and it rides great and can get in some shallow water.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

One thing to remember, these boats will run shallower than they will float. The other thing you trade for the nice ride is bow deck space.

Comment

Working...
          X