Limits of Reds 8-21-2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limits of Reds 8-21-2010

I fished with 3 anglers in West Matagorda bay on Saturday and we had limits of red's focusing on small drains and backwaters.Most of the fish came on Gamblers in the Texas Tea color,however we did catch a few early on topwaters.I caught a few on a Corky Devil fished real slow just under the surface.There was not much tide movement for much of the day and the red's were not actively chasing bait,every once in a while a tail would bust the surface. They were there and you could catch them if you stood in one spot motionless and quite for a bit.The main issue was the boat traffic that kept blasting in and out on the flats.This would shut down the bite for an hour.These boats would run in and everyone would jump out of the boat right in the middle on redfish, wade and hour with no fish because there boat noise shut down the bite.Then blast out and prolong the dead bite.I had caught a limit of red's before they got there and after they left caught 5 more slot fish.... when the reds settled down from the boat beating they were getting they would eat.We had 30 or so slot redfish from 2 seperate locations,we kept 7 slots for the guy's to take home.We didn't have any keeper Trout, but the focus was red's from the start.My guy's also accused me of burning the shoreline....... and I wasn't even in the boat...

Nice trip ya I seen ya burn a shoreline before lol!!
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice report Rick! I total missed it this morning.Must be all this medicine i'm taking.
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice Rick! Thanks for the report.
        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Lets go ,Nice trip[ Rick
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Very nice Rick.....cmon fall!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice reportn
              Popper in the morning Popper in the evening

Comment

nice job rick. you're a mess! lol
                michelle

Comment

WTG Rick!!!
                  the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                  X