8-20-2010 snake island cove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-20-2010 snake island cove

Friday , I met up with Rtoler at Sea Isle at 5 :30 AM and launched the kayaks. Wind was S -SSW 11-16 MPH , but , the water had some green and about 6 " of visibility . There were some waders , boater , and a kayaker ...we all fished around the reef in some bumpy water. I had an impressive blow up , but, no hookup on a woodpecker super spook early. Fish were around , but, elusive. I didn't see anyone land a fish.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Continued

Later , we moved to the flats and found some slicks and started sticking some trout here and there . They were 15 " to 17 " with under sized ones thrown in.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Continued

There were some better 20 " fish in the mix and I landed and released an undersized red. A chartruese GULP shad worked well in the dingy water.
      Attached Files

Comment

Great report and pics as usual Henry!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Continued

Randy headed in around 10:30 AM and I then worked the grass shores and went into SUNSET COVE by a marsh cut and out by the boat lane. I paddled into the marsh by the geotubes netting nothing but a big croaker. Between 1 Pm and 3PM I fished the geotube cuts barely able to paddle so worn down by the heat. I anchored up alot to fish thinking I'd die of heat stroke. At least the pumping wind helped me to survive.
          Attached Files

Comment

Continued

I revived around 4 PM after the sun went down some and I headed back to the flats and started picking up a trout here and there mingled with some sand trout , one was a big one at around 14 " . Sea grass was a minor problem all day...treble hooks fouled easily so I stuck with jig heads.
            Attached Files

Comment

good report henry!!
              MANVEL MOB

Comment

END

I saw two boats anchor up around the reef for some night fishing. I paddled back in the dark spooking reds and smelling slicks... I had to keep throwing a super spook to try to land one...it's hard for me to quit .... but I didn't catch anything. I finally got loaded up and left a little before 10 Pm and listened to 2 messages from Randy ..one on how I did and another about what a hoot everyone was having at HOOTER'S and to stop by. I ended up with 6 trout 15 1/4 " up to 2 at 20 " . We would have gotten more , I bet , if the water was a a little better. Good time . I've recovered and ready for next Friday.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great report

Comment

Nice report and pics Henry, we will eventually run into you out there!!
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Great report Henry. Good to hear that you got on some fish agian.
                      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Awesome report. Thanks!

Comment

great report Plugger!!
                          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Great report and awesome pics as usual!!
                            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Good fish.... thanks for the pics and report.
                              "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                              X