Aransas Pass August 18, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aransas Pass August 18, 2010

The wind was blowing before the sun came up, so I picked up customers ( dad and his 11 year old son and son's best friend) and headed to calm water with hopes of finding the guys some trout. The bite was slow, catching only a couple of keepers and a few undersized trout in the first hour or so. As the sun got higher and brighter, the cloud cover moved off and the wind layed down some. With the boys getting restless, I suggested let's move and try some where new. Back to Corpus Christi Bay and luck was on our side as the wind and waves calmed down. We found trout, sand trout, a 29'' black tip, and 1 4#+ gafftop. By 10 am we had gone thru 12 dozen pigs, so what the heck, we rigged up gulp and the boys continued catching fish. About 11 a storm chased us off the bay so we moved into the flats looking for redfish and our luck was still good, Dad and each boy got one keeper apiece. The last keeper came up toward the boat and buried himself and the line in grass and shell just out of net range. With dad help, I released line and he pushed the red out of the shell and grass and he jumped right into the net. We could do this a thousand time and not have that happen. Thanks guys for a great day and hope you remember this trip for ever.
    Capt. Mike O'Dell
    http://www.afishingfantasy.com
    361-438-1866

Attachments:

Nice meat haul Capt Mike.....Thanks for the report!
    sigpic
    Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

wtg!
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

And they say there's no fish in that area WTG Capt Odell!....BTW don't let You know who get to you!
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Working...
        X