Hoping for smooth water this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoping for smooth water this weekend

Oldest brother is coming in and we are/were hoping for smooth waves to go offshore-checked the forecasts and it's saying 3-4, building to 3-5', which slams that door shut. I hope the forecasts are wrong and it's 1' waves!!

If it is, anyone else going? We'd go thru SLP, GA 272 then south towards 350 area or SW towards the old Bucs.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Just did a quick recon down to Surfside. The wind was from the NORTH at about 5kts.
    Beachfront was very flat. Offshore close in was pretty nice looking also. Hopefully it will hold for a few days.
    And of course I have to go out of town tomorrow! Arrrrrr
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Forecast is calling for 2-4's, so I aint gonna go-too rough.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

272/301/350 is our usual stomping grounds, but i think its going to be too rough. next time it gets flat my brother (dn17) and me plan on taking the 24' whaler with twin 150s out to boomvang/nancen out of SLP, anyone interested in buddying ?

Comment

I'll run outta gas about 1/4 way back!! Too far for my 23'. Good luck and great fishing!!

Comment

we went to the place off of hw146 south of kemah bridge, they sell all sizes of drums. we bring 45 extra gallons (three 15 gallon drums). you gotta have less brains, and more balls here in texas to get the good fish

Comment

RSN:

We did that on a 3 day trip to the Chandeleurs/Breton when the Islander was still around. They asked what the eight 7 gallon sealed buckets were we set against a walkway in back-when we said "gas" they almost sheeeted but let us keep em there to fill up!! Was kinda spooky hauling all that, plus the weight but was glad we did since we didn't have to run to Venice to refill like the other boat with us did (which takes about 1/4 tank run each way) thru Baptiste Collette. A buddy just got a 38' with trip 300 verados-he has 275 gallon tank and said he's getting a bladder so he can run further-I asked how fast his boat runs-he said full of gas about 60, 1/2 tank about 70-I said sheez, you don't need a bladder if ya can run 120 miles in 2 hours!!

We do need to do a buddy run close in though!! I think I've seen ya out there-I have a 23' Robalo CC with blue t-top and twin 115 mercs.
              Last edited by Robalo; August 26, 2010, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                RSN:

We did that on a 3 day trip to the Chandeleurs/Breton when the Islander was still around. They asked what the eight 7 gallon sealed buckets were we set against a walkway in back-when we said "gas" they almost sheeeted but let us keep em there to fill up!! Was kinda spooky hauling all that, plus the weight but was glad we did since we didn't have to run to Venice to refill like the other boat with us did (which takes about 1/4 tank run each way) thru Baptiste Collette. A buddy just got a 38' with trip 300 verados-he has 275 gallon tank and said he's getting a bladder so he can run further-I asked how fast his boat runs-he said full of gas about 60, 1/2 tank about 70-I said sheez, you don't need a bladder if ya can run 120 miles in 2 hours!!

We do need to do a buddy run close in though!! I think I've seen ya out there-I have a 23' Robalo CC with blue t-top and twin 115 mercs.

that is bad@ss, 60mph is flying on the water. i would love to fish the chandeleurs sometime down the line. my brother (dn17) and i would love to do a buddy trip with you. we plan on going out next weekend (labor day) out of SLP if the seas cooperate. we stay over on flounder way in jamaica beach. i will drop you a private message with more details. i will keep an eye out for your robalo, im heading down there today after class at UH

Comment

I keep the Robalo at brother's place/lift in Sea Isle (lucky me-I get the trailer in my driveway!)-it only has the "O" out of ROBALO on its sides, so pretty easy to spot. Labor Day is Bdays for my GF and me, so likely will just bayfish/booze cruise in Skeeter and maybe do offshore on Sunday??? I'll be down tonite and am down most every weekend since I gotta WORK dangit!!

You're right around the corner from me in JB.

Comment

We were gonna try to get out both friday and sunday, if the seas cooperate. If you're gonna be around sunday we should definitely get a trip figured out

Comment

What time is the card game tonight?

Comment

saturday

Are you guys gonna go offshore tomorrow? I just looked on one site and its calling for 2's

Comment

Nope-too rough-bay is choppy now.

JT-call me-not sure-prolly will come by Sand Bar and see ya.

Comment

Working...
                          X