Chocolate Bayou 8/28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bayou 8/28

The wife and I are back on the water again!!!! Two weeks ago, my little 45 year old Evinrude crapped out. I got the green light to get a new motor. I chose a 15hp 4 stroke Tohatsu from onlineoutboards.com. I couldn't be more pleased with the quality and service I have experienced with the purchase.

This morning, we hit the bayou armed with a bucket of shrimp. We ventured north up bayou, just a few bends past Pleasant Bayou, in search of trout and reds. We found a HUGE concentration of table sized shrimp. My wife caught her first Ladyfish/Skipjack and it was a big one. That thing was jumping all around my jon boat. My wife screamed everytime it caught air. This scenario replayed several times and we decided to move on.

We moved south to anchor at the mouth of Pleasant Bayou. I managed a small speck on a GULP shrimp. Finally, we may have found some trout. ....SHOTS FIRED!!!!........time to go!!!!!! Someone behind us was shooting a pistol at what sounded like steel plates. A guy in a boat across from us shouted some "kind" words at the shooter and we all left.

We headed south again and tried the area that has the old remains of water ski grinding rails. We managed a few more schoolie trout and and then here comes a pair of those wake boarding boat rigs complete with music and drivers not looking where they are going. The first boat passed by sending 20+ inch whitecaps towards our boat. The second boat is coming in from the other direction and heading straight at us. I jumped up and screamed at anyone on the boat who could see or hear me. The driver altered course and sent somemore whitecaps our way. TRIP OVER!!!!!!!!!

We headed back in towards Lutes to call it a day and the SOBs where coming again. They sent those whitecaps at us again as well as at the floating docks belonging to Allen's Landing residents.

We decided to try again tomorrow morning.

bouy

Yepp Bouy your are going to have to get out in the bay to get away from all them kids!!!
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

weekend warriors!! careful out there buoy
      MANVEL MOB

Comment

Get out early and get off the water by 10. That's my drill. That's about the time they all get started! Hope you let em know they were #1 !!!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

good luck next time
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Ya your gonna have to turn right instead of left and out to the bay

Comment

Working...
            X