Chocolate Bayou 8/29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate Bayou 8/29

Launched out of Lutes this morning with a bucket of Bastrop Marina shrimp. We decided to return to the mouth of Pleasant Bayou. The shrimp were there yesterday and they were there again this morning. The ladyfish activity was insane!! If you were within hearing distance of my boat, I apologize for my wife's profanity everytime the fish caught huge air in all directions.

The trout bite started as soon as the wind and weather changed. We managed a few keeper sized specks. All were returned to grow and fight again.

Another great day at one of my favorites places to be.

bouy
    Attached Files

Good report BOUY37. When I was a kid we would pull nice flounder out right there at the mouth of Pleasent off the bank. My uncle use to run cattle on that property and we fished there all the time. One of my favorite spots also.

Comment

Good on ya!
      Chris

Comment

Great report, thanks

Comment

Where is that bayou .... I am drawing a blank .... dont want the spot just want to know where ..... my bet is we call it something different
          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
            Where is that bayou .... I am drawing a blank .... dont want the spot just want to know where ..... my bet is we call it something different
            You're probably right. It may have a local name that I am not aware of. The bayou is just a few bends north of Lutes. Chocolate bends to the left and the smaller bayou is to the right. There is a definate point on land and under the water where the two bayous meet. A few years ago, I used Mapquest to figure out what the body of water was called and where it went.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
              .......by the way, I am the guy who stopped by to say hello to you and George on Saturday.

Comment

nice report and pics.thanks for sharing
                Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Thanks bouy37 ....

I like that little point ... my favorite thing about it is the mini par 3 on the point the guy has set up .......

Golf and fishing ....so sweet
                  FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

nice job

Comment

Working...
                    X