Galveston Bay fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Galveston Bay fishing

My son and I are continuing to have pretty good sucess fishing 5' deep water close to deeper water in the middle of galveston bay. 3 weeks in a row we have caught a fair share of trout and reds fishing tops, plastics and shrimp. I wouldn't say we were tearing them up, but we were staying pretty busy.

The key is getting out there at dawn and quitting after 10am.

This morning the water visiblity was a good 3 feet if not more. The wind really picked up once it started warming up. LOL Made for a lot of work staying in position. A strong trolling motor was vital. It was pretty rough today.

Tops (bone) were the key. Had a lot of pushes, swirls, blowups and a couple that tore off the hooks. However, topwater action was only good until about 8ish. Little 3inch plastics are working as good as the shrimp fished in the upper part of the water column using poppers. We tried different retrieves and there didn't seem to be difference.

Thanks for the report, nice to stay busy

Comment

good report
      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Thanks for the report

Comment

Great detailed report....Thanks!
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report!! Thanks!!
            Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

good fishing!
              10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Good report Torque!!!

Comment

Thank you for the detailed report....good catch.
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                  X