Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Bay 6 & 7th

Fishing report for the 6th and 7th

After getting back from vacation late thursday night there was no time for rest as I had to get back on the water Friday to prefish for Saturdays Specktacular tourney. I had a great vacation but really looked forward to getting back out on the water.

Friday
    Started off around Meacoms under some strong sourthly winds. Found plenty of bait all around the reefs but no blowups to be found. Fished this area for about 2 hours with no hits. Decided to move to my next area along the south shoreline far far west. This area was holding alot of fish before I left for vacation so I went back to see if they were still there. The fish were there as expected but it wasn't a fast and furious bite. I think I had 7 or 8 Trout in 2 hours along with 4 or 5 slot Reds. Bait was very plentiful in this area. Just couldn't get them to bust a topwater. All fish were caught on plum Assassins and a Redshad Corky Fatboy. Trout were in the 20" range with one going about 26" (released). Reds were in the lower slot. Tried a few more areas but couldn't find anymore fish after that. Trout and Reds were caught in 2 to 3' of water over mud.

Saturday
    Me and my partner left the dock around 545am and headed to the spoil reefs first in West Bay. We threw topwaters for 2 hours trying to get the big bite but it never happened. We had plenty of bait infront of us but no takers. Next spot we wanted to hit had no bait but plenty of Stingrays LOL. We didn't waist much time here. No bait= Pimp not staying long LOL. Moved over to the spot were I busted the 26" Trout the day before. We grinded this spot for about an hour and a half before the bite turned on. My partner had a tough day but I was on fire with about 8 or 9 Trout and about 13 Reds in the mid to upper slot. All caught on plum Assassins. But none of the Trout went over 21". Off the water at 130pm to head to the weighin in Baytown. We did not make the top 10 but we did earn our points with a weight of just under 7lbs. I think I was robbed a half pound or so due to some scale issues but o'well. I just couldn't get the big bite I needed today. But maybe it will happen next month.

AQUA PIMP

A few pics of the 26" Trout and 1 of the slot Reds.
    Attached Files
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Good job finding them!

Comment

Nice catching job.Congrats
      NK
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good report AP. I think you would be lost without your plum BS's. Good luck in the next tournament. Hopefully some one won't beat you to your spot.

Comment

Nice fish ap. That pic of the red is pretty sweet. I fished sat and a little bit sunday and only had a rat red and lost the biggest flounder I've seen lol. On saturday I stayed an hour after sunset throwing topwaters and corkies and didnt catch a damm thing!

Comment

Nice job ,it's a little slow every where. I did find the flounder in West Bay while you where gone. Back to work tomorrow.

Comment

nice pics ap.
              michelle

Comment

Working...
              X