8-28-2010 slp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-28-2010 slp

Saturday , I went to Christmas Bay , but upon arrival in the dark , the wind was blowing across the width of the bay so I went to Cold Pass instead. Probably should have stayed at Christmas because I didn't do much good at Cold Pass. I launched at the very nicely redone Cold Pass Marina where I talked to a guy named Rob from Louisianna who had just moved here after being in Maryland for 9 years. Said he's happy to be back fishing the Gulf . I went to the mouth of Titlum-Tatlun Bayou . Wind was NE , N , E , ESE , 11-16 MPH , outgoing tide in the morning and incoming in the afternoon . I saw Rob out there and fished close enough to talk while we fished. I told him about the website and sure enough I got a message from him the next day on WEA . His handle is rthi101 and I told him to say hello on the WELCOME forum.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Continued

I snagged a 17 " trout on a corky little boy , white / chartruese back then moved to the south shore bumping a GULP chartruese curly tail off the bottom for flounder. I picked up 2 14 " flounder by theses pilings and lost a bigger flounder along this grassline before I could get a net under her. I released some too small flounder along here , too.
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

nice reports and pics
      Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Continued

I went to the sand bar in the middle of SLP and got out and fished the north channel in the afternoon incoming tide . Nothing but a hard yank on a heavy spoon. Water had muddied up , earlier it had 6 " sandy visibility. I went up this shallow slough and caught a truck load of rat reds and small trout.
        Attached Files

Comment

END

Fished around the mouth of Titlam-Tatlum until sunset . In the morning I saw Sandy ferrying people back and forth to the camp and yelled him down . He invited me to the camp , but , I never made it . I need to keep his phone number with me for a tow to the camp next time , which he offered to do . One trout and two small flounder , not much , but something .
          Attached Files

Comment

nice weekend on the water
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

By the way , if I ever mention that I'm going to fish on a Saturday , someone grab me by the shoulders and shake me real hard and scream " don't do it !! " .

Comment

lol thanks for the report!

Comment

thanks for posting up all the great pics...
                  sigpic

Comment

Once again great pics and post-thanks Plugger.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Nice report Henry, at least you got some pulls. That end of the bay will start turning back on this shortly. Much better with an East side wind too. Don't fish on SATURDAYS!!!!!!
                      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

good fishin henry
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Nice Plugger,we have been catching good fish for the last 9 weeks on that end of the bay.
                          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

You are a picture taking fool! Seriously, nice report like always and great pictures as well.
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Really enjoyed the pictures and report, ones like that get the feet to itching wanting to go. I always think it's not what you catch as much as enjoying catching them.
                              don't lose the big one, change your line.
                              Sushidog6

Comment

Working...
                              X