Surfside and Brazos river the 28th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surfside and Brazos river the 28th

Got to pier 30 around 7:45 to get some shrimp.got bait and ice and headed to the surf to see how it looked.was fairly calm and lots of bait working.fished there for 30 or 40 minutes with no luck.headed over to the brazos at the 36 bridge.that place was packed.went to the levee road on the other side and went down the first gravel rd to the river.outgoing tide was strong.ended the day with 4 trout about 12 to 13 inches long.all released of course.2 reds,release,about 14 to 15 inches.2 skip jacks and about a 4 inch long snot shark.saw MCT,CT and FM and Tater across the river netting bait.they came over and we chatted a few minutes.good seeing yall.my friend that was supposed to go with me saturday with his boat backed out at the last minute so i made the best of it.Will going tomorrow the 31st with him and work the bayous looks like.
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Great report NK. Nice catching. Glad you caught a few.

Comment

Thanks for the report!!

Comment

It was great seeing you! Next time, we need to just fish together!. We ended up with one keeper flounder, couple of sandies, croaker, and several rats up to 18".
        After sitting on the side of the road in Jones Creek for 4 hours, I guess it turned out to be a decent day...the wind really picked up and switched around, really screwed up our chances of getting out in the surf.

Comment

way to make a day of it after your friend backed out.
          10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Working...
          X