Tues @ E. Trinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tues @ E. Trinity

Hooked up with a Co-worker name Robert, we have been out before so this made his 2nd trip to the Big Salt H20..

Been waiting and waiting for that S.E. wind to make a return trip to the East shoreline of Trinity. Most know the area or area's as Big or Little H's... It's been a while since we have had these winds and it is almost a must to have E or SE winds in that area. Weather man would have be right on but with the gulf showers the wind was variable but mostly East yesterday.

Warning:
    As with many of my trips, something big or near big always happens.. yesterday no exceptions:

As we left my house @ 0430 in the morning keep hearing a bumping noise from the truck when starting or stopping. Thinking it was just slack in the hitch I keep going. We made our way through the back way to I-10, stopping for Do-Nuts-Ice/Drinks and a quick no luck on shrimps @ the Lazy Pelican. So it was going to be only a lure trip, no prob for me but Robert really needing them since his pole is as thick as a cane pole and using 20-25 lb test with a 733 Zebco.. Yea, afters we had a heart to heart on his equipment and he will make a switch. Anyways, while waiting for the Sun to show a bit before taking off and talking to a nice fella at the new ramps @ Double Bayou we spotted a flat tire on my truck. Dam if it wasn't a nail in the tire, so spare on and all was better.. Well almost!
    Then notice my Ball on the hitch, SOB it was hanging on by 2 or 3 threads. The nut had backed off and just hanging on, another couple more ft and bye bye.. Ok, dumb ***** me took out tool box some time ago and had no tools. The kind fella at the ramp let me borrow some pliers that look good for pulling teeth, small. Hand tight and nutted as good as possible. I was really thinking a vodoo curse had been placed upon me but determine to keep going. Lanched the boat and fired her up.. All Good, heading down the channel and Boom-Boom, A nice storm behind us.. The water was as Green as I ever remembered it, Prisdine to the max. The storms broke up some what and we arrived with no delays. My 1st or 2nd cast was ate by a nice 20" T., Lordy Lordy it was gonna be a good day. More booms and more showers surrounded us but kept throwing. Popped 2 more smaller keepers but knew our day was nearing the end as the sky was darken from side to side. My buddy only had 1 hit and hook up but lost him @ the boat.. Was sooo hoping the storms would go away but it was not to be. So we headed back in and trailered up for home and was so glad we did, the wind and rain was fierce on I-10,, bad ***** storm.

I guess some lesson's were learned today,
    1., ck your hitch/ball more often.
    2., get your buddy to use the right Equip.
    3., Always another day.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bluewaver; September 1, 2010, 04:59 PM. Reason: wrong Pic

Sounds like you made a day of it Blue! Good fishing!
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Way to get out there Walt!

Comment

Great report Walt.....Glad to see you gettin' out!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good to see murphy beat at his own game.WTG
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Nice report.Congrats on the keepers
            Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

LOL ... good story , but bad luck. Next time .
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Glad you guys got on a few! Hopefully murphy will stay home next time!!
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Working...
                X