Evinrude 110hp on 90 shoalwater flats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evinrude 110hp on 90 shoalwater flats

I think there just might be a few shoalwater flats boat owners on here so I'm gonna give this a shot.It's an older boat w/a 110 evinrude.I had S.S. Marine rebuild the motor last July,it ran great first couple times out,then would start missing a little,then when I try to drop the hammer down and try to get on a plane the boat wouldraise up slightly create a huge wake and not get up.All of this @full throttle of course.Took it back cause it was still under warranty they replaced the coil packs. I got it back ran perfect the 1st time out,got to my spot, fished, decided to move, started fine when to get on a plane, nothing same stuff,but it would like sputter the rpms would raise ,it would kind of clean up and allow me to get on a plane.anyway now instead of being intermitant,it's back again and it's diving me nuts.Already put some other coil packs on,took it out,started great,ran fine got up on a plane first time ran to a spot, fished, left, tried to get up, no go.So any suggest.?I have another cdi,and a new fuel pump.Seems to happen after it gets warm.Love the motor when it runs ,right hate it when it doesn't.

Call stone and sons marine .... tell him everything and tell him you were recomeneed to call him from Muddskipper

Ask for outboard jack when you call

FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

I had a 87 110 Rude-sounds like carbs and gas issues-possibly coils -but coils would act intermittent-is it running regular then all of sudden cuts power like a switch was flipped and rpm drop to say 2800-3200? If that is case, start trouble shooting coils by starting her and using rubber gloves remove one plug wire one at a time-pull 1st cyl plug off, if sputters and dies or shows change, then coil is good-do same on next, then next and final cyl. Whichever one does NOT cause a change, that is the bad coil and needs replacing. Also, put a 10 Micron filter on it, run some seafoam and see what happens-may be bad gas-had similar issue after TS Allison-boat almost was sunk in lift and got water in gas tank-would run fine, then power down and sputter-tank was "drained" by mechanic-bullchit-he dint do it and boat acted up all summer until I drained the sob tank completely-then ran fine.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

coils

yeah i would have to guess the coils are getting hot and causing it to missfire. just my two cents.
        I have an uncontrolable desire to wanna jerk my rod.

Comment

i have encountered this same problem just different culprits. first is overheat make sure your hot horn works, second was a bad timer base when it heated up it would short, third was same thing just with the stator. robalo is sending you in the right direction i hope this helps

Comment

Checked it out,noticed some water on the plugs.possible bad head gasket?Maybe after the rebuild they didn't retorque the head, or should I just pull it and and put a new gasket?Also will this cause these symptoms?

Comment

Torque specs anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by SALT LIFE View Post
                Checked it out,noticed some water on the plugs.possible bad head gasket?Maybe after the rebuild they didn't retorque the head, or should I just pull it and and put a new gasket?Also will this cause these symptoms?
                I would pull it resurface the head put some yamabond on the gasket and put it back together
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

get the head milled down it might be warped and install new gasket i will look up the torque specs at my shop and post em up

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                    I would pull it resurface the head put some yamabond on the gasket and put it back together
                    You aint from matamoras!!! VATO!!! I
                    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Head bolts torque is 25#

Comment

No need to mill the head.
                        If it is misfiring, it can get water in the cylinder that is misfiring from reversion.
                        Bring it here, I'll fix it.

Comment

Guys, the OP hasn't said anything on here since Sept. 16th. That was a long time ago.
                          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Thanks Greg,if I ever need something I'll def. Give you a holler, heard you da man on the older rudes.Got the problem handled with a new head gasket and a straightening(slight surface).been running great every since.

Comment

Working...
                            X