Pounding The Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pounding The Bay

My Son-In-Law took me to a spot on Trinity bay this morning. Wind was blowing about 15 knots, I guess. Visibilty was 6" at most, cloudy, capping in places.
    We waded in and fished facing the shoreline. I was using a PowerBait Red mullet with a white paddel tail. About a medium retreive. We were there before the sun came up and it was WAY to choppy for top water. The shrimp were popping around us all morning.
    We both kept getting little bumps, but we though it was us wanting to get a bite too bad. I finally caught a 22" red.
    The gentleman that let us park in his driveway and let us have access to the bay was catching some shrimp, so we started over there since we were not getting any bites.
    I caught a sea gull, he must have bit the fire out of me 57 times before I could get him off. It was suggested that I hold him under water till he quit kicking, but I finally got him loose. Then a shrimp went up my pants leg, I dropped my cell phone in my coffee and got it back out before it died.

We ended the morning about 10:00 am the bay was too choppy, it just beat us to death. 1 red, about 10# of shrimp. We found out the little bumps were reds about 6" in length. They were thick as thiefs. We would catch one or two on each throw of the cast net.

This is why I like to fish so much. There is no telling what is going to happen next or when.

LOL Had a good Morn HUH!
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

LOL Nice!! Rats and rats with wings!! Thanks for the report!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Thanks for the report ... entertaining read ... LOL .... glad you had a good time .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

LOL we had a great time, we both work 50-55 hrs a week so it is hard for us to get away. So any time we can spend on/in the water is great!

Comment

Working...
          X