9-3-2010 Christmas Bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9-3-2010 Christmas Bay

Friday , I headed to Chritmas Bay with the kayak launching at Ernie's 2 getting on the water at 10 :30 AM. The water was way up flooding the shoreline . Lots of activity on the flats , but mainly sand trout and croaker for me . The wind was N , NE , ENE 6-16 MPH picking up as thunder cells moved around the vicinity all day . There was a high standing tide until late afternoon which began falling around 3 PM . The water had about 8 " visibility , murkier where you had stonger tidal flow in Churchill Bayou and sloughs .
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Continued

I then fished around the mouth of Churchill Bayou with no water moving much and picked up a 14 " flounder bouncing a chartruese 3 " curly tail off the bottom . I fished around the the flats with top waters netting nothing .
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Continued

I then went to the big lake and up a flooded slough and managed only some rat reds . I could hear reds thrashing around way up in the flooded grass .
      Attached Files

Comment

Continued

I landed a 16 " and 17 " flounder on 3 casts on the flat of this point on the down current side when the current was just right for them to be ambushing there . Thunderstorms moved around me all day , although I only got a little sprinkle of rain .
        Attached Files

Comment

END

I moved to the outside of the lake mouth and found a school of rat reds busting up bait . I moved all around the area , lost some nice flounder , but overall had slim pickings . My boat is in the shop with lower unit problems so picking an area to fish in a kayak is limited with a east wind . I still had a great time , though . I'm off all this week and am suppose to get my boat back Tuesday , September 7 . So , I hope to be able to have more flexability for the remaining part of the week as to where I can fish and maybe have something more worthy to show you .
          Attached Files

Comment

Looks like you had a flounder dinner! Nice report
            Fishwhisperer

Comment

Great Report Thanks!

Comment

like always...enjoy ur reports

Comment

Working...
                X