jones lake 2/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jones lake 2/11

Me and oo7 drifted jones lake this afternoon and boxed 3 flounder. We really just went looking around as mike wanted to see where the diversionary canal was. The wind was stiff and heading right back to the house, so we just drifted the canal out all of the way to tiki. The water was already cleaning up from the weather last night so tomorrow should be great. All fish were caught dragging jigs slowly on the bottom.

boom
    "Nobody's so poor that democrats can't get rich screwing 'em."
    boom

Good report
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

The flounder weren't that impressive or I would have. lol
      The one thing that I wished that I did get on film was an osprey that flew by with a mouse in his talons. Those birds are awesome!
      boom

Comment

Originally posted by boom View Post
        The flounder weren't that impressive or I would have. lol
        The one thing that I wished that I did get on film was an osprey that flew by with a mouse in his talons. Those birds are awesome!
        That was pretty cool seeing that. Boom caught all of the fish BUT......I was the one that got them on the boat. Thanks again Boom. It's always an enjoyable trip when we go.
        I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Jones is my favorite winter spot. Try the north and west shoreline for reds and trout out off the reefs.
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Now that's COOL!!!!
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks for the report. Haven't had much luck there..Don't really know the layout of that place and kinda worried about running aground so I don't venture off there too much. Tried to wade a reef there in the early winter and sank to my knees in mud right when I got out of the boat

Comment

It is a tough area to wade....Lots of deep mud, but it holds fish and if you know where the reefs are and the deep holes in some of the back channels off the Div Canal, you can catch some goo fish in there in the winter. You can sometimes find reds tailing along the west shoreline. I fished there almost every week last winter and it is a great time to find all the structure.
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks imhammer..I remember aqua pimp talking about that west shoreline for reds. I want to bring my kayak there, if i remember correctly I think I saw some dudes launching from some spot in harborwalk.

Comment

Dude, there's a launch near harborwalk??? Let a brotha in on it, that would open up a whole new area

Comment

I was mentioning to oo7 that it is almost time to throw some kayaks on the skiff for a little backwater adventure. We should put together a trip.
                      boom

Comment

I was mentioning to oo7 that it is almost time to throw some kayaks on the skiff for a little backwater adventure. We should put together a trip.

I think the time is here now and I'm game, only boat I have in Galveston now is my 15' OK. I got a set of racks for 2 for the truck also. I'm thinking about a Sunday paddle over to Sandy's camp at Titlum if anybody is interested.
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                          I think the time is here now and I'm game, only boat I have in Galveston now is my 15' OK. I got a set of racks for 2 for the truck also. I'm thinking about a Sunday paddle over to Sandy's camp at Titlum if anybody is interested.
                          I have a 21' carolina skiff that I can strap 3, or maybe 4 yaks to. I have an extra yak if someone is without and wants to try it.
                          boom

Comment

I have a 21' carolina skiff that I can strap 3, or maybe 4 yaks to. I have an extra yak if someone is without and wants to try it.
                            Back of Greens does sound good!
                            I've got a doctors appointment early Monday, but was planning on going that afternoon too. You off Boom?
                            Don't be a Nancy!
                            If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
                              Back of Greens does sound good!
                              I've got a doctors appointment early Monday, but was planning on going that afternoon too. You off Boom?

Its a day by day thing for me. (semi retirement ) It looks likeI can do it now, but I won't know for sure untill monday.
                              boom

Comment

Working...
                              X