Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sttegast 09/18/10

The good and the Nasty!

It was a good day out to fish, but Nasty Weather...Launched later than expected, and notice the launch area packed with other kayakers. Tum
    Tum, redkayaker, and I started working the lights (bait busting everywhere) with topwater. I caught my first top water trout, and RedKayaker also pulled a trout. Daylight was around the corner and we left the small trout alone. Tumtum went to some overflooded marsh, I went in search of redfish down a protected grassline, and Redkayaker fished a cove. Wind picked up and I had nothing but undersize trout under gulp with popping cork. Found some reds cruising but no takers.

Storm came and I found myself hidding from strong winds and rain (what a rush). Cloud passed and I met up with tumtum and redkayaker. TumTum found some redfish, but only one hooked up. We went in search for more, and Redkayaker lost an upper slot red, released a hardhead, and I remained witn no more fish!

Tackle: topwater shedogs, popping cork with gulp, and morning glory ttf hustlers!

Water: Fooded grass, and awful windy storms

Catch: 5 undersize trout, 1 sandtrout, 1 hardhead and 24inch red.

Good Luck to all, would of had awesome Pictures, but cameras were forgotten....Next time!

Enjoy camera Pic of tumtum redfish
    Attached Files
    Last edited by fishingRED; September 18, 2010, 03:50 PM.

whan today

Comment

Thanks for the report!

Comment

Nice report guys!
        sigpic
        Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

That is a good report fellas

Comment

thats dedication fellas
            Captain Glenn Stevens
            Coastal Guide Service
            www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Thanks for the report !! Way to hang in there !!
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

nice report Walter, good luck for next time

Comment

just a little more

Also wanted to let u know the reds stomach was full of small crabs, total of 7 when we opened the stomach.

Comment

WTG out there and fight the weather i know we did..........good report!
                    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

The funny thing that happened was when redkayaker hooked the big hardhead. We were all thinking that it was a good sized red because he fought real good and pulled drag, so fishingRED gets all excited and gets the net ready. He actually jump off of his kayak and started to sink in some mud and was just about to net the fish when a big ol hardhead comes up. We all started to laugh, I think fishingRED was more upset than redkayaker that it was a hardhead because he jump into the mud to net the fish. When fishingRED jump off of his kayak he didnt realize that he had his head lamp on his lap, sure enough it went into the water. He didnt realize this until we go back to the launch, when we were geting all of our gear in the truck. He started asking us, hey guys where is my light? have you seen it? We all started looking for it and it never came up. So we started thinking about the possbilitys of where he could of lost it. We told him that it was probably when he jump off of his kayak. So he was kind of pissed off because that, now he has to buy another one.

For some reason he forgot to put this in the report!!

Comment

LOL....THAT WAS ONE OF THOSE THINGS U TRY TO FORGET......BY THE WAY IF ANYONE FINDS AN ENERGYAER LAMP BACK BY SOME GRASS LINE AROUND STTEGAST ITS MINE....PLEASE RETURN. LOL.

All this happen while the second storm was passing through us....and I am always ready for action!

Comment

Nice report,congrats on the catch
                          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Working...
                          X