Wade west bay on 0918 Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade west bay on 0918 Saturday

Woke up at 4:30AM today, headed to Galveston with a buddy of mine. We waded West bay near the bridge today, cause the surf is pretty ugly. The tide was really high, so we didn't go all the way to the edge of the gut, where I usually find good sized trouts. I did manage to catch a decent red, and my buddy caught a 14-15' flounder. We lost a big one, probably a bull red, which almost emptied the reel. At around 10:30ish, it started to piss down like crazy, I mean it's like we could barely see about 20-30 yards ahead of us. Then we saw what I believe was a jump of lightning or something, it hit one of the houses nearby, which created a fire ball and lots of smoke and noise. At this point we were desperately trying to head back to safety while scurrying with our rods pointing towards the ground. Nonetheless, it was still a fun trip, water is very clear and plenty of bait fish jumping. Wish you guys all safe and fun trips over the weekend!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by macrohard; September 18, 2010, 07:29 PM.

Fireballs are awesome!!! Nice fish!!
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Nice fish

Comment

good job
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Greta report.....Thanks,
          sigpic
          Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Thanks for the report !! Yep , nothing like standing in the water with a lightening rod in your hand with lightening flashing around to get the pucker effect up there !! Glad you made it back safely . Looks like something else almost had that red for dinner instead of you !!
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice report!! thanks!
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice report

Comment

good work
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

Glad to see u made it out safe...lightning is not a good sign!

Thanks for the report

Comment

Thanks for the report. Stay safe.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Good fishing!
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Thanks for the report.

Comment

Nice report, yeah I hate lightening! We were camped out under the FM 2004 bridge while it passed.
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Ya glad to put it out of its misery, the tail did look pretty banged up. Thanks guys I'll keep you updated

Comment

Working...
                              X