Huge Drum out of Chocolate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Drum out of Chocolate

Alright not sure on length so do not hammer me with legality questions.
    I am only the photographer.
    I saw this boat pull back to dock and I thought he was ready to take out. He said he was not ready and wanted to borrow an ice chest . Sure I said and proceeded to grab a 48 quart and carry to him. He stopped me and said AHHH not big enough...Bull Crap ( I thought) . He was not lying , he had this monster black drum he caught 2 turns up from Lutes. Unfortunately it was dead so no release possible. Not sure why he kept the ugly bastage!!?!?! Anyhow summabeech was huge - Pic looks like he is holding up but i actually hooked it to boat lift a lifted it. Like I said I did not catch it so dont bash me ! Dude was in 14ft jon boat ,would have loved to see him fight it.
    Later
    Cody
    Attached Files

Illegal.
    Black drum over 30inches can NOT be kept.

Fell of a hish tho,
    West End Anglers - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Comment

Yep Moon , I did not say anything since the fish was dead. Kind of a goofy size limit ,you can keep one over 52 ...Why Why Why ??? I guess the nothing over thirty protects the elusive "Highly Sought" and On Menus everywhere game fish - The Black Drum- Bwahahaha.

Comment

Nice catch.he should have let it float.my luck the GW would be at the ramp
        Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

What the heck is he going to do with that big of a fish? Full of worms, old and did not have to die. The problem is, he wanted to show off at the dock!
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thats what she said.

Comment

The sad thing is that fish was proably near 20 years old and lived most of it's life in the bayou ..... biologist believe that the Drum species can live a long time

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/7207822.html

oh well man has done this for ages .... takes wildlife for the sport and does not eat them....
              FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

AWWW Dang big ugly!
                10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Sad to see that
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by cwheed View Post
                    Yep Moon , I did not say anything since the fish was dead. Kind of a goofy size limit ,you can keep one over 52 ...Why Why Why ??? I guess the nothing over thirty protects the elusive "Highly Sought" and On Menus everywhere game fish - The Black Drum- Bwahahaha.
                    .............The reason for being able to keep one over 52" is so that you can have a chance to break the state record, which is 81 lbs., 51.18".

Comment

Taking for consumption isn't a bad thing.....it's how much taking for bragging that goes on that hurts. There was a big nasty one at the 2004 ramp about 3 weeks ago, someone killed it and left it floating. There are a lot of "non-desirable" speices out there that we all have to deal with, but none that need to be killed wastefully. Nothing we can do but try to educate those who don't know....Heck of a fish though.
                      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

We have a big ugly tourney every year and it's catch photo release these girls are best caught in deeper water we see them come up with bruises all over! Our best is 70lbs. Salty
                        chef caught it and still remains the heaviest fish caught on the robalo 3 years now lol
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Muddskipper View Post
                          The sad thing is that fish was proably near 20 years old and lived most of it's life in the bayou ..... biologist believe that the Drum species can live a long time

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/7207822.html

oh well man has done this for ages .... takes wildlife for the sport and does not eat them....
                          I am thinking it may be 40-50 years old based on the article. If not 40-50 years old how did it get that ugly in such a short time( the fish)!!! He looks like a local Bohunk from Liverpool. What did you expect probably drove it around with the tailgate down for 2 day through liverpool and amsterdam showing it off. Sad thing is he is grinning like a jackarse chewing on a piece of barb wire!!!
                          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_A View Post
                            .............The reason for being able to keep one over 52" is so that you can have a chance to break the state record, which is 81 lbs., 51.18".
                            I think if i caught one that big i would snap a few pic's and let that girl go live her life out!
                            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
                              I think if i caught one that big i would snap a few pic's and let that girl go live her life out!
                              I agree Chris! Don't think I could make myself kill one just to get my name in a book. My parents taught me from an early age -- "if you kill it you eat it!!"
                              Cant tell you how many blackbirds and robins my mom made me eat before this sunk in!
                              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Working...
                              X