Chocolate 9/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chocolate 9/20

Made the call yesterday and me and Corndog hit the water at 4 30 pm. And was done at 730 pm. What an afternoon we had the fish were on a feeding frenzy, the water level is still up and they were all over the grass. Threw back around 10 to 15 rat reds at 17 “ to 19 “ and had 2 limits of reds from 21” to 25” and 4 trout boxed.
    The fun of the day was a red Ray caught on a pumpkin seed tail you tell me what’s up with this fish?
    Attached Files
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Is that a carp lol yellow head
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
      Are you off work ,let's go ?

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
        It's red bile!Showing too much grass there Lurefisher.I'm gonna put a parking meter on that spot and get rich.lol
        I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
          It's red bile!Showing too much grass there Lurefisher.I'm gonna put a parking meter on that spot and get rich.lol
          If so you would make some cash,shoot we have been running around that area Reeltime since we were about 15,The Legend and Marsh Rat showed us as boys and we still run in to them out there.LOL

Comment

That was a tight game we played last night i wish the 49er would have taken the kicker out.lol
            I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
              That was a tight game we played last night i wish the 49er would have taken the kicker out.lol
              Why i had the New Orleans kicker heheheh

Comment

Those are some good-looking reds.

bouy

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                  Are you off work ,let's go ?
                  I wish I got T ball today and my death trap is still broke
                  Last edited by dbarham; September 21, 2010, 04:07 PM.
                  MANVEL MOB

Comment

That's one of them two-toned custom order redfish.

Nice fat red ya got there also. bet the tummies are full of shrimp and menhaden.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Lurefisher I had a blast catching those fish. Nothing better than an evening fishing trip with a long time friend. Weather was cool and breezy.Only problem was we were too bussy catching fish to drink more than two beers. The icing on the cake was after we had a limit you caught a 19" red on that pink skitterwalk (Again). We will go again this week. With the high water levels we are seeing it should hold for a little longer. We have been keying on where the mullet are being chased (Master of the Obvious). I believe the reds are starting to be more active with the shorter days we are starting to see. Also as the the bait is coming out of the marsh getting ready to head to deeper water there seems to be larger masses of mullet gathering together. There has been an increase in schools of shad.We are on the front side of a full moon too.I believe the next month is some of the best redfishing of the year. I have not seen many above slot fish but tons of 17-22" fish. I think the bigger reds may be closer to the pass or Jetties at this time. Hell what do I know just a thought. You now another thing is we would catch 2-4 fish in a row and it would cool down. But as Marsh Rat and the Legend told me be patient they will come back in 15-20 minutes. That has stuck in my mind this summer and seems to hold true. He told me the reds like to kinda forage and circle back to where they found food. Like they will follow schools of bait and after limited success return to where they first found food. Lurefisher will post the stringer pic shortly. Thanks for all the nice feedback!!!
                      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Great day...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                          That's one of them two-toned custom order redfish.

Nice fat red ya got there also. bet the tummies are full of shrimp and menhaden.

Robalo, we notice the fish looked like it may have been gigged or wounded. It had some really old wounds on both sides and that was right where the change in color started. The lesser wound on one side had a lighter difference in color the more severe wound had a very distinct color change. I suppose this was the reason for the color change.
                          Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Thanks for the report with pictures !! Never seen a red like that !! What a great time you two had ...a very successful trip ...... congratulations .
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Great report fellas!
                              sigpic
                              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Working...
                              X