POS or good deal? Anyone know?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POS or good deal? Anyone know?

Anyone take a look at this? It's been on cl for a while and I can't tell if its because its a POS or its a good deal but no one is contacting the seller because they are thinking the same thing I am.
    A 1993 Boston Whaler 19 outrage hull only but with enclosed transom for $2500
    http://houston.craigslist.org/boa/1963891238.html

That safe floor is about $1,700 oF It's value Check it out in person. By the time you get it rigged up It looks like it will be a good boat.

Go take a look at it and if you like it, offer 1800 and see what he says. It's not going anywhere.
    NoBama

Comment

try to get a picture if this one
      Last edited by PasadenaMan; September 22, 2010, 09:10 AM.
      NoBama

Comment

I talked to the seller about it. It's supposed to be a redone hull in excellent shape. Floor and paint should cost about what he's asking. It has no electrical or rigging in it. I figure it would cost at least $3k in parts to finish it with a decent motor. That's the same hull as the old 18', they just renamed it. It's a little small for what I wanted.

Comment

I should call and ask him myself, but maybe you get the info... Is the internal tank still there? It looks like he just put the no-slip stuff on. The reason I ask is because thats what a lot of people do to hide stress cracking, soft spots, damage.

Comment

Best to call yourself and ask. I think it was still there.

Comment

Fugly blue color. good question about gas tank.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

That boat was on 2cool about a year ago. It was for sale up in Dallas for like 1000 it was beat to crap looked like. I know in needed floors b/c I called the guy selling it. I would be leary if it has safe floor on the floors and deck.

Comment

I'd be weary.. He said he won it in a raffle. Does that mean he just one it? Who raffles off a 17 year old boat. I love whalers and have owned two, but that just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Working...
                  X