Bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bait

What's the best to use fishing underwater lights? I've been having some success with 1.5" white curlytail on 1/16 oz jig head. Tonight I tried lots of soft plastics. Started with the curlytail and picked up one trout. Then switched through 5-6 other soft plastics and finally started getting bites on a 2" gulp shrimp in pumpkinseed. Fish were there, I think just too much bait in the water tonight.

I always had good luck on the storm lures saltwater shad wild eyes at night under the lights or a small mirolure like a mirodine... Good luck... The retrieve will very depending on how they like it...
    Last edited by Hogie70; September 22, 2010, 01:59 AM.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yozuri 3d minnow works good, I think the best way though is with a fly..

Comment

I've got some of those storm wildeye shads. Will have to give them a try next time. Pretty sure I have a yozuri 3d minnow too. What are the good colors for use in the lights?

I went out later last night and the bait was gone from the light. Caught another spec and 2 sandies on the gulp.

Comment

Glow lures work best, speck tails, grubs etc.

Comment

Live shrimp on a bare treble hook-throw past the light, wait for the big "shadow" to start to appear, reel fast to get shrimp up on surface and drag it towards shadow-you'll hear "slurp" and you're off to the races.
            Last edited by Robalo; September 22, 2010, 01:05 PM.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

IMO treble hooks should be outlawed

Comment

IMO Lures and single hooks should be outlawed!!

No. 8 Mustad-nickel plated-they don't dissolve/rust quickly and it'll kill the fish slowly if it busts your line-that way ya improve the crab and hardhead populations!! I sure wish they made SS TREBLE hooks at a low cost!!

Them dang "plastic" lures are next on the EPA list ya know! Gad Dang Petroleum products-go green-go treble!
                Last edited by Robalo; September 22, 2010, 02:05 PM.
                "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

LMAO Robalo you are one funny dude... LMAO I needed a good laugh... Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X