Clear All

• 9/24 Report

Conditions:
    Wind - ESE 5-10
    Water temp - 84.5
    Tide - high as everyone knows
    Pressure - unknown
    Water - off color, but clearing up.

Donna and I left the house at 6:45 and went to Chocolate because of the high tides. Started off at same spot as earlier this week and right away the bait was busting and the fish were there. Caught first trout a few minutes after we started fishing. Donna hooked up and we stayed at the first spot for 15-20 minutes catching several keepers. Another boat showed up (very nice, not a problem for us) and he landed a keeper red first cast.

Not sure why we left that spot, but it was a bad move. Worked our way up the shoreline, catching a few dinks. Stopped at spot that had shell on the shoreline and water coming out of the marsh. Caught several more keeper trout, Donna caught a 19" red and a 17" flounder.

Things slowed down after that spot, so we headed back in before it got even hotter. Great sunrise, so no pics this time and no gator sightings
    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Nice report. I hope to get down there in a week or 2.

Comment

Sounds good, I have not seen you around. Come by if you want to hit the water with Donna and I.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Thanks for the report Mike. Nice going-wish I was fishing this weekend instead of 3000 pounds of seed and feed at the dang deer lease.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Jerry, sorry to hear about that. You might not miss much with the weather rolling in. I think Donna and I are going to hit the gumbo cookoff on the strand this weekend and drink some cold beers!
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
            Sounds good, I have not seen you around. Come by if you want to hit the water with Donna and I.
            Thanks I may take you up on that in a week or 2.

Comment

I may be the guy that caught the red on the first cast; I was in a blue wave (ANGER MANAMENT) on the side of the boat. I got 2 reds 5 specs and 1 flounder out of that area, lost a good flounder trying to net it at the boat. If you see me again say hi.
              Attached Files

Comment

Anger management

Originally posted by jocues View Post
                I may be the guy that caught the red on the first cast; I was in a blue wave (ANGER MANAMENT) on the side of the boat. I got 2 reds 5 specs and 1 flounder out of that area, lost a good flounder trying to net it at the boat. If you see me again say hi.
                I recognize that boat. I keep my boats just down the road from you. My name is Jason in case I see you in passing.

Explorer21: Your report makes me want to cancel my weekend engagements and hit Chocolate.

Comment

I am planning taking my kids out this Sunday. Maybe we will see ya.

Comment

Nice report Mike....guy at the gas pump struck up a conversation at the wallyworld in kemah(MY red wagon)lol.Anyway's he said he was heading to fish chocolate as well.
                    I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Great report Mike.....WTG!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Very cool! That was you. How about to guys that came ripping thru there on the jet skis? I know you were not happy about that! Hope to see you again.

LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Did not make it out on Sunday. Hope you were able to take the kids out. PM me sometime and we can hook up.

I am planning taking my kids out this Sunday. Maybe we will see ya.
                          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

I took my son on Sunday; my Daughter doesn’t do 5 AM. We fished the same spot, boxed a few small trout. I will PM you next time I hit that area, I fish a few time a week and most people I know have real jobs and can’t make it during the week days. See ya on the water.

Comment

Good job getting there Mike and Donna. Even though you moved from the first spot, you learned where they are for the next trip. Don't move if they are bitting. We have been seeing some days where it starts with smaller fish then the bigger ones turn on. sometimes it's just a little move from where the dinks are to find the bigger ones. Keep chunkin!
                              http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Working...
                              X