Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whale in East Bay?

20 yrs. ago
    While fishing with my brothers and parents near the gas rigs my mother swears she saw the tail of a whale. My father said she was crazy and has made fun of her everytime the story is brought up.

Yesterday,
    While fishing 50ft from the pelican island bridge my father and two friends heard a huge splash on the opposite side of the boat. They turned and saw only the splash. A few min. later they saw "an at least 4 foot wide tail come out of the water then go back down, 100 feet from the boat heading toward the bay". Dad said "it wasnt a dolphin, way to big, it had it be a whale". Then called my mom to apologize for the years of torment.

Facts.
    They were all sober for a change!

Question.
    Does anybody know about any whales in east bay? or our my parents crazy?
    "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

I have not heard of any whales up in the bay but I do know that killer whales have been spotted around the 80 mile mark out of PA. False Killer Whales have also been seen off our coast...they look like huge dolphin...ask them to check out google images of them and see what they say

BUT I have never heard of anything in the bays...
    sigpic

Comment

I don't think there would be whales in the bays at all .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Yep, I seen a whale or two in the bays!

I saw what looked like a whale in a brightly flowered Moo-Moo fishing off the bank and also saw one in a boat in the main canal of Jamaica Beach. I too, was amazed at first, then the reality of what I had observed set in... my eyes, oh my eyes.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

My pops said the whale in the brightly flowered Moo-Moo was on the other side of the bridge, so i guess thats ruled out. Any other suggestions? He's going back tommorow morning. Hopfully he wont mistake any large women for aquatic mammals!
          "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Comment

I was sitting up here at work falling asleep untill I read what Robalo wrote and I haven't stopped laughing yet. Thanks for waking me up cause I'll be here untill 3:30 or 4:00 in the morning.

Comment

I saw a pic of a mako in West Bay. A lost whale would be the next logical anomaly....... The next thing would be for me to catch a limit............. of anything..........
              Fishwhisperer

Comment

Working...
              X