chocolate 9/25 fayette 9/24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chocolate 9/25 fayette 9/24

Went to Chocolate on staurday. It was rat red heaven for me. Tally for the day was 20+ rats,2 keeper reds,3 short trout,1 short flounder,1 croaker,2 lady fish. The trout , croaker and lady fish came on a cork and plastic.
    All the reds and flounder were on TTF red killer's. All fish were right next to the grass. My 2 best spots were behind the geo tubes and the grass line to the right of the narrows. It was over by the narrows i was able to to watch, for the lack of a better term an "army of reds" march thru the grass. I wasent able to get a bait to them cause the grass was too thick. But it was fun just to follow them for about 50 yards watching them destroy everything in the path. They finally came to the edge and i got one good cast to them,a nd hooked one witch of course spooked the rest. It was fun while it lasted.
    I also spotted 2 gators, one about 8 foot and one only about 3 foot.
    And a first for me in the Galveston area, a sea turtle. The little guy was about 15" across and just came swimin by me, i was able to follow him for about 2 minutes before he went down.
    On a side note i went to Fayette on friday,man is that water still hot, 88-92
    deg water temp, scratch out 7 solid fish on a shakey head style bait in some deeper timber.
    castaway300
    Attached Files

Good fishing bro!
    10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

nice job both fresh and salt... Chocolate has a lot of good fish right now, you may have to move around a bit.
      http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Working...
      X