Thursday presentation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday presentation

I have been invited to give a presentation on fly fishing at the Orvis Houston store on Westheimer this week. It will be on Thursday evening at 6pm. I will have a short slide show, talk about fly fishing, sight casting, and some of the areas around Galveston and Matagorda. Trying to add a few new pictures of recent trips and probably a couple of map shots. Yes, that does mean I intend to give up some good locational information at this presentation. This isn't going to be 100% fly fishing, as I will include sight casting and if time permits, speak about the conventional gear fishing trips recently and what is coming our way for fall.

Orvis will be providing beverages (some may be adult type and I think some snacks. Come out and say hello if you can. I will hang around for a while afterwards, and answer any questions that I can. Maybe even cast a few rods out in the parking lot.
    http://www.theshallowist.com

Thanks for the info Steve.
    I checked out your web site, very nice and informative. keep up the great work. We all appreciated the articles and reports.

Comment

Should have been There

Steve,

Great presentation, I was going to chat with you some afterwards, but had to run.

Gents,

Those of you that did not get to catch the presentation missed out. About the only thing Steve did not share about shallow water fishing W Bay and E Bay Matagorda was GPS coordinates. One of the better 1-1/2 hrs I have spent in a while.

Saludos

Comment

Not flyfishing but,

Capt.Steve,
        Your presentation at Orvis last thursday was very informative and entertaning.You were kind enough to share your hard earned knowledge of flyfishing the Galveston bay complex with specific areas,times,tides and wind conditions for each.
        I did get to try some of those areas this weekend but not with the Fly.I was trying top get out of the wind and I ended up using conventional tackle.I did manage to catch one 26 in. trout and one 29 in. red,along with a lot of small reds & trout from the same areas.
        Thanks for taking the time to teach us to become better at our chosen sport.

SKIFFSTIFF

Comment

Sorry I missed it Steve. Work has had me slammed for the last two months!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

No Problem Coe, see you at the next one.

As for you Joe, I didn't give all that information so that you could go to those spots and out fish me.... You are hereby cutoff.

Just kidding. Way to go on catching those fish. Now you are making me want to get out there. Hopefully one of those big trout we talked about is layed up in a pocket on Friday. I should be over there to check. Been working on a few flies to try and coax them..Check the timing of when that bigger trout ate, I bet that you can find a correlation to a weather or moon event.
            http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Big girls !

Steve,
              I sure hope that you can get one of those big fat girls to eat a fly when you do get a shot at one on friday.

Skiffstiff

Comment

Working...
              X