No announcement yet.

Matagorda Bay Complex Road Trip - WOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matagorda Bay Complex Road Trip - WOW!

My grand-father and I usually partner up for a road trip or two every year. I wanted to visit the Matagorda Bay Complex for the first time and asked him to come along. We made the trip Sunday morning. My first impression was a good one. We checked out as many "pull up and fish" roadside spots between Palacios to Indianola as I could find. I was very pleased to see how clean and well taken care of several places were. Shoreline trash was mostly nonexistant. The hospitality at the Indianola Marina was top notch. The lady working the store gave me a grand tour of the facility and made me feel very welcome even though I told her I was just passing through.

I fished a small bridge in Magnolia Beach for a few minutes and hooked an 18" red. I fished another bridge in Indianola until an alligator let be known that he was there first.

I look forward to returning with some friends to fish for some shorline redfish in the next coule of weeks.

MAJOR PROPS to the residents and local officials that look after and maintain these areas. I came to work this morning and spoke very highly of you all.

bouy

love to fish at Indianola,been there several times.

Comment

It's fun to get out and explore new places . You might find some good spots . You have to pay your dues and get out there and find out .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
      X