90 evinrude v4 110hp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 evinrude v4 110hp

Would a bad head gasket cause the compression on 1 cylinder to be a little low?

I would think it would affect all cylinders. Unless the leak in the head gasket was next to the low cylinder is my thought.

Maybe Thomas on here knows.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

no its probably your rings i wouldn't run it

Comment

Finally,got the head surfaced and cleaned up,installed,and ran. Did a compression test And all 4 cylinders are @110psi.Wheeeh.while I was in there installed a brand new manual fuel pump.(to get rid of the vro/pump combo).gonna have to dump it in the water now,hopefully everthing turns out ok.big thanks for all the input guys.

Comment

Good going. I liked my VRO pump-had a 86 Rude and blew two powerheads/pistons over 15 years-one mechanic told me it was the vro-my real mechanic, Huey said BS, the VRO would affect all cylinders and wasn't this issue-never replaced it in the 20 years I owned the boat/motor. Them old Rudes run forever. Good luck and good fishing.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
          X