No More Tailgating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No More Tailgating

I saw on the news this morning that they will not allow tailgating at the Texans games unless You have a gameday ticket or a tailgating pass. The draw back to the tailgating pass is that You have to be a season ticket holder to buy one. If You have a season pass don't You already have a gameday ticket? If so the season ticket holders will probably selling the passes, What do You think? Too many fights last weekend in the parking lot they said.
    Beandaddy

I think it sux.i dont go and do that but some folks cant afford a 1 game ticket much less a season ticket.Beef up security.
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

It's all about the ...................$$$$$$$$$$$.
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

I'll lease you some land near the stadium for tailgating purposes
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

With an additional 20K people showing up, and none of those had game tickets, who do you expect to pay for the security ..... the people with the tickets ...

Don't they have homes to watch the game? why come out and get drunk to watch ot on TV ..... go to a frecking bar ...

All the arest were of people that did not have tickets ....

My friends told me it was a joke, with how bad traffic was and the amount of people ...

I could care less, but if I was a season ticket holder I would not want to subsidise the extra cost of security of those wanting to hit a free party ....

And the cowboys still $ uck
          FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

I would think the cost of extra security would come from the paid parking. JMO But I don't care either I will stay at home, watch, and party and not have to worry about a bunch of drunks that are mad at each other.
            Beandaddy

Comment

Tailgating

Our BBQ team has tailgated out at the games for 90% of the games. We didn't miss a game for th first three years. Between my company and our members we have @ 12 season tickets.

We bring a 40' BBQ trailer with big screen tv's.

We typically have about 20 - 80 guests come by us in the yellow lot every game. Several folks stay out at our trailer and watch on tv. Many of these folks come out with ticket holders and stay with us. We would now have to buy 20 or so Taigate Tickest just to have our friends and clients out.

It's been a fun ride, but this new policy will bring it to a end.

When the Texans start seeing a lot of the big tailgaters not showing up, I think they will rethink the policy.

Heck they have a contest every year for the biggest and best tailgaters. I know many of them and they bring several people out there just to run thier booths. Not now, if they have to get tickets for all their helpers.

The cowboys still suck, It was their sorry fans that caused this.

Comment

I agree with you .... but the Texans had to do something .... they are giving out 2000 tickets to start with .... but that is not set in stone .... you can still get your people out there, but it will be less of a big party ..

I can tell you this, other teams in the NFL have every tailgater close up their tents prior to the game starting so during and after you can not tailgate.

This was proposed, but with the following they choose not to do it, as it has become a big thing ...

Mu guess is they will offer more tailgating tickets for those without game tickets ......but for now they had to set the bar somewhere ...

2nd post on this thread - and Romo is still a 4omo !
                FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Tailgating

In 2009 we took the trailer up to Greenbay when they played The Cowgirls. Those folks know how to do it. Some of the spots had live bands. We set up in a parking lot on Saturday morning and the tailgating whent on until game time Sunday night.

The stadium has a rather small parking lot with little tailgating. Most set up in the surrounding business district. We rented a spot in a sports bar parking lot.

1 hour bfore kick-off every ones starts to walk to Lambeaugh Field. They're all-in before kick-off. Then after the game, it's back to partying.

We left on Monday morning and there were still a few r.v.'s in the lots.

It is going to be a mess on October 10th as they start telling the extra people in the cars and r.v.'s they can't come in. I plan on being in Terramar and read about it later.

Comment

Any moron knows that bringing the Cowgurls down and having tailgate parties it would likely have some drunken brawls and management shoulda prepared for that and farging dint-they are the idiots and they (management) should be taking the wrath, not you-they shoulda expected trouble and did nothing because they are stoopid azzes.

If I were a tailgater and they pulled this sheet, I'd have mass mailouts to Texans management and tell em to shove it up their azz and let em know that renewals of tickets are gonna suffer and when they see $ loss, they'll farging wake up.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

it was all those !$&#!&% cowboy fans that ruined it for us!
                      the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Leave it to a bunch of cowgirl fans to ruin it for everybody!!!!
                        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Haters...!!! Thats all I have to say about that... Oh yhea.... Hang on...... How bout them BOYS...!!! Lord please forgive me and be with the pigmies in New Guinea... AMEN... GO BOYS...
                          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                          X