Great Opening Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Opening Day

Was surprised by the good seas today and made about a 60 mi run out of SLP with a couple stops along the way. Limits for everyone and a few good sized fish.

Thats my brother (RSN) and myself in the 1st picture with my biggest fish and then myself and a buddy with the sows caught on the trip in the 2nd.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dn17; October 1, 2010, 06:03 PM.

here are two more pictures of derek's monster snapper. theres also a link to youtube, we were able to run around 40mph both ways today

Attached Files
    Last edited by WestEndAngler; October 4, 2010, 11:17 AM. Reason: Adding Embedded YouTube player

Comment

Wow
      Originally posted by RSN View Post
      here are two more pictures of derek's monster snapper. theres also a link to youtube, we were able to run around 40mph both ways today

Wow! WTG!
      Last edited by WestEndAngler; October 4, 2010, 11:25 AM. Reason: Fixing quote
      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

wow ...really nice snapper guys!! way to put it on em...
        Captain Glenn Stevens
        Coastal Guide Service
        www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

good job! those are some nice looking snapper.
          the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Robert & Derek:

I checked the robalo out-bilge pump went out-ordered a new one and will have it in place Friday eve, so plan is to hit it Saturday and tandem. Will need to fill up tank Friday night and I loaded my piggy trap with dead fish, so hopefully will be loaded with piggies. I got 2-3 going with me. I cannot make 60 miles, but can do 40 miles without much concern, but 60 would make me come in on fumes. My avg speed is 25-30, top end at 40, so I hope to not lose ya all!! Ya did great last Friday-my secretary's dad was near ya all and he had limits all about 15#s-he was in a 32' Stamas.

Hope seas are calm-looking forward to it!
            Last edited by Robalo; October 4, 2010, 11:09 AM.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Great stuff guys! Possible picture of the week!
              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Fantastic Fish!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Robalo View Post
                  Robert & Derek:

I checked the robalo out-bilge pump went out-ordered a new one and will have it in place Friday eve, so plan is to hit it Saturday and tandem. Will need to fill up tank Friday night and I loaded my piggy trap with dead fish, so hopefully will be loaded with piggies. I got 2-3 going with me. I cannot make 60 miles, but can do 40 miles without much concern, but 60 would make me come in on fumes. My avg speed is 25-30, top end at 40, so I hope to not lose ya all!! Ya did great last Friday-my secretary's dad was near ya all and he had limits all about 15#s-he was in a 32' Stamas.

Hope seas are calm-looking forward to it!
                  Sounds good Jerry, we're actually headed out to Boomvang on Friday morning if the seas hold up. We just got invited on our buddy's 32' Yellowfin, but we're gonna get an early start on the way in so we can meet you guys around "our spots" close to noon/1pm Saturday. We'll set an area and time to meet up and just get together on the VHF whenever we get close.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Great pics and even better looking fish!
                      "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

it looks like the weather is going to let us sneak out to boomvang/nansen on friday night, we are leaving from our own backyard san luis pass, we're going to be partying about 130 miles due south of jamaica beach
                        Last edited by RSN; October 6, 2010, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Real nice fish Guys

Comment

Robert-looks like 1' seas-gotta put a new bilge pump in, gas up friday night and plan to head out Saturday a.m. at 6-7 a.m.

Give your Dad my cell number and tell him we'll be on Ch. 69 Big O and I'll be calling him as "Capt Ron" on Ch. 69. We're making a beeline for 38-40 at you know where.

Comment

Working...
                            X