Gigging SLP area 10-01-10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigging SLP area 10-01-10

Went out last night with hopes of gigging a few. Saw a total of about 20, only gigged 3 though, 18", 19" and 21". The others were either obviously too small, or borderline and left them alone. Saw TONS of beds where they had been, some looked 25" or better. Made me sick! Incoming tide and gusty winds after midnight made it tough. I don't gig much at all, but just seems like a slow outgoing tide would have been better. Saw lots of stingrays. Also (fyi), the gulf trout were THICK in the lights around SLP. Finicky eaters though, wouldn't hardly take a lure. The guys throwing from the bank with live shrimp/corks were tearing them up though. Some looked to be pushing 20".

thanks for the report

Comment

Good report.
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Good report! I was fishing under the lights at the cabin Wensday night and seen 5 flounder boats. One boat came up to the house said they had only had 1 keeper.

Comment

Thanks for the report !!
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Great report.....I need to get out and stick a few!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Good report. What area of the pass was you working. I know what its like to see a truly huge fresh bed and that sinking feeling when you cant find her.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro
              Not that much different than a Karankawa indian hunting the shallows at night with a torch and a spear.

Comment

Working...
              X