Texas City Dike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas City Dike

Did a recon mission to the TCD with Pop. They really cleaned the place up and installed a nice smooth road. Both sides of the road are graded very well. A small one lane boat ramp is installed on the South side, the other ramps are clean-up and ready. No bait camps on the Dike. Cost 5 to access.
    The water looked like a milk shake on the North side and fishable on the South side. Saw a few slicks pop up on the South side so I pulled over and chunked a lure or two to no avail.
    Fishwhisperer

Thanks for the recon

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Thanks for the update!!
      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

I've been wondering about the TCD... thanks for the report!
        "I love the smell of napalm and watermelon slicks in the mornin'...."

Comment

I was there yesterday for the 2nd time in 2 weeks....caught a slot red on the 1st trip. My co-worker was there today and sent me a pic of coastguard helicopter, apparently a man was being rescued but the story turned out to be fatal. Checkout this link...http://www.khou.com/news/local/Coast...104241229.html
          Pretty sad...

Comment

WOW.......Very Sad!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

the dike does look nice, but for how long.
              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

I read that the underwater topography and current velocity has changed since Ike . A fellow had his boat crushed in half launching at the boat ramp when a freighter wake sucked the water out and then returned . It's deeper and currents can be stronger on the north side close to the dike . It's nothing like it was 2 years ago , so be careful at the ramp and wading . I've waded there twice before the dike opened with no problem . I did notice that it was deeper close to the dike , but , that also was when the water level was way high several weeks ago . Just be aware .
                GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
                X