No luck anywhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No luck anywhere

I'm new to the west bay area. I'm from corpus christi and a die hard wade fisherman but havn't had any luck here. I have tried the surf several times the pass the state park and several other spots. Any tips on were there mite be some fish holding would be greatly appreciated. Several attempts with no fish is wearing on my moral.

keep plugging. tides and bait are key here. What are you throwing?

Comment

You have a boat Armstrong or just on foot?
      Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

8 MILE RD. IS GOOD THIS TIME OF YEAR. i would stay away from there on weekends it gets crowded.
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Just on two feet. Usually throw a 3" pearl gulp on eight ounce jig. Or a gold spoon sometimes the super spook jr. in the surf. Caught a couple of trout in the surf on top but thats about it. I mainly try to target redfish but have had no sucess.

Comment

8 mile rd is a good wade area around this time of year

Comment

Read through the articles that Aqua Pimp and Capt Steve have written and are posted in the News section on the home page. Lots of great info there.
              sigpic
              Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

It's can be tough right now. We've had high pressure for over a week and the trout are in a transitional period in pattern.
                Better fish are over shell/mix...
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

In my more limited experience, I would wait a few more months until fishing upper W. Bay (8mi). This area is shell reef and is more of a typical Winter spot.

I am still fishing coves over grass and sand. I'll bet the pass wouldn't be bad either.

Fishing all over the bay should be good. Its hard to go wrong in October. We will be seeing channel flounder soon too.

Comment

Thanks guys I appreciate all the tips. I can go down to port aransas and limit out on reds in an hour just seems there are not as many fish up here as there are down south. I'll just keep on trying.

Comment

Working...
                    X